Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clavicle pain during dips and ring PU

Amebix138

I dont think its form related. Its really starting to bug me off. I think I might need to warm up better. The pain comes on sometimes during the reps but mainly after I let go of the bar everything de-compresses.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

no, I don't have experience with this. Did you have a clavicle injury at one point that offset it?

Joshua Naterman

This is a classic symptom of AC joint impingement. If you search for ac impingement rehab on google you should come up with some really good advice on how to fix the problem. Things like this usually point to a strength imbalance between the chest area and the back. Anterior and posterior structures, to be more precise. It takes a while to fix this, but it can be fixed. Sorry to hear about the pain, that really sucks, I know! I'm not guaranteeing it's AC Impingement, but it is a likely culprit. No matter what the problem is, the solution will involve balancing the strength in your upper body.

^Ive found that as long as I stay off the straps when doing ring push-ups they feel fine on my clavicle (post-delt is another story :evil: ) so I dont think its an AC impingement. What ive actually narrowed it down to is tight traps as it seems to respond to self-message. My ant-post balance is decent, my back is a little stronger but not by that much.

Thanks for the responses though, I appreciate it.