Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Video of a Girl Doing a One Arm Pullup

WitnessTheFitness

Hell Yes!  I've been searching for a while for evidence of a female OAC.  Women have been conditioned to believe that they are vastly inferior physically, evidence from other mammalian species indicates otherwise of course.

No wise cracks or complaints about the kip, please, that would be poor form. ;)

She uses a small kip to break out of the bottom. Not a huge one like the other kipping one arm pullups I've seen in CF. Obviously not the tightest body but it definitely shows that it is possible for a gal. 

She'll probably get it strict in some time.

Kate Abernethy

That is indeed motivating :-)

I hope to be able to do a GB OAC in a year or so.

• Upvote 2

WitnessTheFitness

All the top female climbers can do OAC--there was a cool photo a few weeks ago of a bunch of the World Cup girls training in a playground in Baku since there was no climbing gym there, and they all did OAC at same time. You just don't see videos much, because to them it's no big deal, and not something they train specifically for--just a move they can do as a byproduct of their climbing

Here's a video of a male climber doing 5 consecutive OAC with just one finger. And he's not even one of the top competitors :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apKvJME8bpw

Christoph Pahl

Or stated differently: A top competitor doesn't need this ability so much, it's mainly about *technique*! At the time where Dave Graham was climbing the hardest existing routes on rock there was a video where he didn't succeed a OAC. "That's history" he stated, so he was able to do it before climbing the hardest routes :)

• Upvote 1