Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not enough, enough, or too much ?

Ivan Pavlovic

Ivan Pavlovic

Hi guys!

I started train harder wariations of exercises a week ago to increase strenght and i dont know how much is enough :(

I can do 20 pullups, 30 dips, around 30 leg raises, can hold l-sit for around 45 sec., can hold adv. tucked FL 15-20 sec., can hold 1-2 sec. BL,......

Here is my program for whole week:

Monday

L-sit pullups - 5x5 reps

Hanging L-sit to V-sit raises - 5x4 reps

Tuesday

HSPUs on wall - 5x4 reps

Wednesday

L-sit pullups - 5x5 reps

Dragon flag raises - 5x4 reps

Thursday

HSPUs on wall - 5x4 reps

HSPUs on wall on 10 cm paralets - 1x2 reps

Friday

Pullups - 4x12 reps

Dips - 4x18 reps

Leg raises - 4x13 reps

Saturday

Pullup isometric holds (bottom, middle and at the top) - 3x25 sec. each position

Dip isometric holds (bottom, middle and at the top) - 3x25 sec. each position

German hang hold - 3x30 sec.

Tucked BL - 3x20 sec.

Tucked front lever - 2x20 sec.

Adv. tucked front lever - 2x10 sec.

Floor l-sit - 2x20 sec.

Rest between sets is 45 sec.

Every workout last for about 20-30 min. and thats the reason why i think this isnt enough.

Can somebody say to me is this too much or its not enough ?

Straddle Man

For me, It's too much. For my friend Adam, it's maybe enough. For you? I don't know, I can't tell. It all depends on your goals, your current level of fitness, your diet, your sleep patterns, basically every other aspects of your entire life.

This is not the answer you're looking for, I suspect. If you want me to guess, then I'd say it's not enough. :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

How about switching Monday to some lower Body exercises, since you don't seem to Train any legs at all?

It would also function as an active rest day, in my opinio, the ab day is too much, since you already Train abs on wednesday, friday and indirectly on saturday...

Monday could be:

Pistols 5x5

Shrimp Squats 3x15

Lunges 3x16

Furthermore, i think your Volume on Tuesday is somewhat low, regarding you strength Levels you should be capable of more...

On L-Sit pull Up: How about doing more repetitions? With all you ab work and being capable of 20 Pull Ups, 5 L-Sit Pull ups should be a Piece of cake. (Don't want to Sound offensive, but it just doesn't make sense for me)

Finally, the HSPU on parallets, on Thursday, somewhat doesn't make sense to me...

why only one Set and only 2 reps???

How about putting it first (because of higher ROM) and doing about three Sets, with the first two reps being full HSPU's and another ten (or so) reps being slow negatives?