Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many mouvements can be worked simultaneously?

hype

hi guys,

So i'm working on progressions but I have a question...

So let's say that my goals on pushing are to reach the final variations of one arm push-up, dips, hanstand push-ups, planche push-ups, and tricep extension...

Should I be working all those mouvements throughout a week, or should I only focus on like 2 mouvements, work and master all their variations, and then train 2 other mouvements?

thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

if you want to enjoy the benefits of being injury free, start with the easiest progression, give it a standard to work towards and move onto the next one, keep the before progression as a warm up. 

if you have BtGB, the progression stream will give you an idea of what to put where, because the horizontal press gets pretty intense before you move onto Dips and they're definetely easier than wall assisted maltese pushups. 

i'm only mentioning it because it'd feel wrong not to but if you do ever have an opportunity to give the F+H courses a look, i'd recommend it. 

• Upvote 1

if you want to enjoy the benefits of being injury free, start with the easiest progression, give it a standard to work towards and move onto the next one, keep the before progression as a warm up.

if you have BtGB, the progression streaIm will give you an idea of what to put where, because the horizontal press gets pretty intense before you move onto Dips and they're definetely easier than wall assisted maltese pushups.

i'm only mentioning it because it'd feel wrong not to but if you do ever have an opportunity to give the F+H courses a look, i'd recommend it.

Thank you for your feedback,

But that does not really answer my questipn.. I know how to progress and how to follow a progression, my question is how many progressions can i follow simultaneously.

Should I master push ups and dips variations, and then move on to handstand push ups and multiplane, or should I work push ups, dips, hspu, and multiplane progressions simultaneously ?

Joshua Slocum

Thank you for your feedback,

But that does not really answer my questipn.. I know how to progress and how to follow a progression, my question is how many progressions can i follow simultaneously.

Should I master push ups and dips variations, and then move on to handstand push ups and multiplane, or should I work push ups, dips, hspu, and multiplane progressions simultaneously ?

All the goal movements you've listed are bent-arm pushing strength. You would not benefit much from working all of them simultaneously.

• Upvote 1

Yeah this question is only for the FBE.. I already know how to program the static straight arm mouvements, I start my workouts with planche and front lever training and have already made some great progress :)

Oh i see, then i should only focus on one or two mouvements progressions amd master them, then move on to 2 other mouvements?

Joshua Slocum

Oh i see, then i should only focus on one or two mouvements progressions amd master them, then move on to 2 other mouvements?

You can work as many movements as you want, so long as they don't overlap. Of the four you've listed, I'd recommend mastering just one (*maybe* two) at a time. But there's lots of other things to work on concurrently. Core strength, leg strength, bent arm pulling strength, straight arm movements, etc. 

I would take out the one arm push-up and just do planche push-up progressions since they can be easier learned once a great deal of pushing strength is developed. For reference, I could do the legs together one arm push-up without prior training when I got my straddle planche and back then it was even before I had the strength to do advanced tuck planche push-ups. You should have mastered dips before moving on to PLPU training and HSPU training.

Yeah dip is already mastered :)

I actually want to focus on planche pushups and hspu cause I'm working on my planche and these two exercises greatly help progressing with the planche!

So what I plan on doing is working only on the progressions of hspu, planche pushups, OAP, rows, hill and straight body core variations

That would make 2 static mouvements (planche and front lever), 2 pressing, 2 pulling and 2 core..

For legs I train them in the gym.

What do you think? Is this good ?