Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has planche training increased your dips strength, too?

JL

I know it can seem like a dumb question. Who cares about dips when you can do a planche, etc. I'm also well aware of the nature of specificity and how it relates to training at different joint angles and such. I know from looking at it, training back lever would likely have a greater effect due to joint angle specificity. I'm just wondering.

For the record: I've cut back dip work in the past, and substituted one day a weak pseudo planche pushup work, just to see what would happen. Made progress with PPP's and no extra reps were gained with dips. Did feel a little better support around lockoff zone, but that was about it.

Now, I'm wondering what would happen if I kept my frequency the same for dips 3x a week, but did planche work early in the morning in addition. Not too much extra work (not to failure, keep the workload moderate), but enough to make progress in planches.

Tuck planche pushups will increase your dips strenght because they work the chest and front deltoid a lot,but not much the triceps.This means that if you're good at planches,but dont train dips,you could do many dips,but your triceps would get tired way before your shoulders and chest.Also bulgarian dips on the rings are very hard and give you a lot of strenght.