Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In a world full of movements, what minimal movements/exercises do you find gives the most bang for buck?

Alex Chaney

Alex Chaney

I'd like to here from Coach Sommer on this one. What is the minimum effective dose per say in movement that has the most carryover to other activities? Gymnasts can learn sports quicker than any other athlete so I am curious to here the answer.

• 2 months later...

Full range squat or the attempt at it, is a good one, sitting in a deep squat is a good mobility tool.

GoldenEagle

Multi-Plane movements:

Upper body pushing: Hollow Back Press (Bent arm full planche that transitions into a handstand)

Core: Front Pulls ( From a hang, transition into an inverted hang while maintaining a full front lever)

Obliques: Side Lever Pulls

Single plane movement:

Upper body pulling: Butterfly Pulls (A dead hang straight arm pull up which transitions through iron cross)

Legs: Jumping Single Leg Squat

Footnote: Butterfly Pulls, Hollow Back Press, Front Pulls, and Side Lever Pulls are things that must be taught how to do with numerous steps to avoid injury and to allow the body to develop the needed connective tissue strength)

Christian Nogueira

It should be noted that the answer depends on the athlete. It's probably going to be things he is weakest at and that are appropriate to his level that are going to be the best bang for the buck, not matter how unremarkable they may be.

In the original sense of your question I think Coach has noted press handstands and rope climbs as having a lot of carryover to a lot of things.