Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Legs work

naornaor12345

naornaor12345

Hey, i don't know what to do for the legs, SLS or squat \ deadlift with weight..

What would be better and why?

Thank you

with the SLS more stabilizers are hit as the base of support is narrower, many people can squat with heavy weigths but can't do a SLS.

You can also do weighted SLS also :)

naornaor12345

Whats your goal?

with the SLS more stabilizers are hit as the base of support is narrower, many people can squat with heavy weigths but can't do a SLS.

You can also do weighted SLS also :)

I know the purpose of doing weighted squat is gain mass, what is the purpose of doing SLS?

Coach Sommer

In my opinion if you can't perform SLS & the various iMs, you have no business doing weighted squat work.

First things first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

naornaor12345

In my opinion if you can't perform SLS & the various iMs, you have no business doing weighted squat work.

First things first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thank you for your answer, after i master the SLS, should i start doing weighted squat?

Alexander Egebak

You can weight your SLS, jump for distance and jump for height. You can try globalbodyweighttraining.com's funny walking single leg squat, you can jump from one foot to they other...

Weighted work includes squats and deadlifts. If you do not want them to harm progress of upper body work then keep the reps low to train for strength instead of endurance and hypertrophy.

You can also start other plyometric drills like Senders (sticky topic under Movement section), longjumps, box jumps and some rebound work.

See the SLS as a foundation to build on.