Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche lean > maltese lean

Mouclier Victor

Mouclier Victor

Hi all !

I've mastered the regular planche lean (+30s), can i do planche lean in maltese position to gain more strenght, or there is risk of injury ?

Jon Douglas

There is a risk of injury for little real gain. Malt leans on floor don't add a lot to planche leans other than strain until you are quite strong.

As Gregor recommended in the scap position for basic exercises (aka planche lean) thread here;

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/

elevate your feet to shoulder level instead to continue gaining strength without taking a huge leaping step in intensity :)

Edit;

Stability/yoga ball works very well for this.

A true maltese lean (2X shoulder width grip) is much harder than a planche lean. The stress on the elbows in a maltese is like more than twice as hard as in a planche.

How far can you lean in your planche leans and what hand position do you use? I recommend you to achieve full planche first before you start training for maltese and that is if your elbows can handle the stress.

• Upvote 1

Mouclier Victor

I think i can lean far enough ( like a full planche). I haven't said that would train for Maltese, i just wanted to do maltese lean to improve my planche strenght.