Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist problems

alimac

Hi. I suffer from a pain on the top of the wrist joint. Basically if you bend your hand forward (ie fingers pointing down) then it's right on the joint wher the wrist bends.

It has come on periodically over the years sometimes through a lot of pressure form weight lifting and it seems to flare up with any planche work and at times during handstand work.

I have started to do some pre-hab work involving wrist pushups and 1st knuckle pushups to try to strengthen the wrists. The problem is that the wrist pushups seem to make it worse. I can only do them on my knees with very little of my bodyweight on the wrists as it is quite painful.

I have quite weak wrists and need to strengthen them but am cautious about carrying on an exrecise that is painful.

Any help would be great.

You should probably get that checked out by a doc.

Scaphoid injuries heal slowly, but who knwos if that's even it. If wrist pushups + ice aren't helping that much it's best to go see a professional to figure out whats actually wrong.

sasquatch

I have Pain in one of my wrists when I bend it back also. Do you maybe have a ganglion cyst? That's why mine hurts... I didn't know It was a cyst until a few years, now it's to hard to suck juice out of.

It doesn't look like I have a cyst although when I bend my wrist forward the joint looks slightly more pointed on that hand whereas the other one is a lot smoother and I have no problems with it. Maybe it could be a small cyst that I can't really see or feel?

sasquatch

It could be a small one, you could probably feel it if you have one though.

I don't have a huge bump on mine. Only a small one you can see when I flex my wrist... I thought it was bone before, but then I started feeling it and realized it could move around.

I think I got it from slamming on my wrists when I used to skateboard.