Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

supps for faster strength increase

Katharina Huemer

Joel Tomkins

5am gets me and my son fed dressed and to work/daycare on time most days. I'd need to go to bed at 7:30pm to get up with time for a workout... I get home at 5:30pm!

Colin Macdonald

My wife is expecting so I may be joining the 5am club at some point.

I found that an light-alarm clock to be the most incredible tool for getting early. I've been using one for years and I'd never go back to a regular alarm.

http://gizmodo.com/a-light-up-alarm-completely-changed-my-life-1535668863

5am gets me and my son fed dressed and to work/daycare on time most days. I'd need to go to bed at 7:30pm to get up with time for a workout... I get home at 5:30pm!

I hear you, I get home at 6-6:30 and I start getting ready for bed at around 9 so I can get up and do my foundation work.

I guess you do all your workouts in the evening? Whenever I've tried any kind of intense physical activity to late at night I find it impossible to sleep.

Joel Tomkins

Yeah about half hour after dinner. I don't have the energy to workout in the morning however I would like to change that soon because it would be easier to take advantage of the "anabolic window" if I could get more than 1-2 meals in after my workout. A few times taking a pre workout has kept me up past 2am!

I also feel pretty inspired for a few hours after the workout so could carry that energy over to work.

TrojanHorse

The only supplement that has been truly scientifically proven to provide results (other than protein of course) is creatine.  I suggest taking it with leucine (amino acid) to enhance absorption by the body.  A good way to think of the relationship between leucine and creatine is that creatine is "the electricity" and leucine is the "light switch".  One helps the other get where it needs to go.

Colin Macdonald

I don't have the energy to workout in the morning...

I was a real night owl before, but the more I workout in the morning, the easier it becomes. The afore mentioned light alarm clock really helped with that as well.

It may take me three days to watch an entire movie, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to miss a workout. So here's to us working dads.  :)

• Upvote 1

Joel Tomkins

I know it;s a bit of a cycle. I've thought about waking up say at 4.30, taking my pre workout and mope around for half hour getting everything ready for the day and by 5 I should be ready for a workout. Doing that for a week should reset my body clock. Do you workout fasted or do you just do a light breakfast and get straight into it? 

The light alarm clock would be good (I use an aural alarm that starts softly and gradually gets louder over a few minutes) however I'd have to sleep in a different room as my partner would kill me. She is a little oversensitive to lights while she sleeps - she's a nurse working shifts all over the place so I can't try and get her to get up at the same time as me either!

If only I could workout on the way to work - such a waste of time!

Colin Macdonald

Doing that for a week should reset my body clock. Do you workout fasted or do you just do a light breakfast and get straight into it? 

The light alarm clock would be good...

If only I could workout on the way to work - such a waste of time!

I usually workout fasted or with just a bit of coffee. I've never found a difference eating before a workout, so I find it's just a waste of time.

The one problem I have with my schedule is that I'm definitely not the life of the party on the weekends. I tend to crash at 10, and I generally sleep 'late' without an alarm until 6:30.  :P

The light alarm is definitely more disruptive to anyone else in the room with you.

There's a new business idea, mobile commuter gym!  :)

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.