Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Iron cross trainer question

kenny01593

5x5 sets of cross pullouts. Find out the lowest point you can go in the cross and pullout. This will take some playing to figure out. For 5 reps, you won't be going as low as you can as you need to be able to do this across 5x5 and not destroy yourself (overtrain).

You could also work negatives from support to cross. 7 seconds per negative, not exactly sure about volume. Probably no more than 3 reps per set, I'll say 3 sets to err on the side of caution.

While you could set up some form of assist ( by piking or squatting on a stool or chair or bands ), you really shouldn't be working even the cross unless you have a solid support ( with the ability to hold at a wide arm support for 5s [45 degrees from vert ) and bare minimal dipping and pulling strength.

kenny01593

to braindx: omg you're steven low, omg huge fan i read that article a while back and i think it's great, sorta doesn't really answer my iron cross trainer question though which is why i posted this topic

to Blairbob: yea i can be in support with rings turned out for more than 5 seconds and have the strength for dipping and pulling. nice suggestions though.

You can use the same progressions.

Just think of it as a "band" or a "person assist" ...

Basically cross pulls, isometrics, slow negatives to isometrics, etc. Mayb some butterflys for fun.

I think Tyler's elite strength trainer is cheaper, but I don't see it in his ringtraining.com store anymore. You should e-mail to see if he's still selling since they're definitely not more than $100. O_O

I got my EST's for 69 but that is when they are on a sale promotion when they first came out. Possibly out of stock, I'm thinking.

You can also make these if you are handy with tools and got the time. There is a how to guide I have a link to somewhere.