Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MPPr

Michael Oshannessy

Michael Oshannessy

Im wondering can help me out, im unable to complete a chest roll to headstand. Is there alternate to this plane of movement (easier)? If not has anyone got a link to a video of this movement? I have purchased the DVD's fromt this site but have left them in another country.

Cheers in advance

• 1 month later...

Late to the game but I'll take a stab at it.

I think AkraJen was playing around with the use of a ball or octagonal barrel to assist this. Check her workout log.

This thread has a progression guide

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418

If you setup the start position to have your hips and legs higher than your hands, it will be easier to rock and lower into the headstand. Simply pushing to the headstand can be difficult if you do not have the lower back flexibility to get your heels high up in a superman/arch body rock.

An example would be to lie on a panel mat or maybe a small ottoman at home where your torso and hips would be on the higher surface and your hands below you. Gravity assist.

I've been having the boys work superman/arch body rocks in our WU besides rocking from a seal position. Assume the seal position, lean forward while bending the arms and lifting the heels behind you. It's actually easier than rocking in a superman body rock because your arms are bent and you lay on your chest.