Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finally may be able to begin F1 again and stay there.

Allan Dillon

Allan Dillon

Hey GB folks, after some thinking last night, I decided that there is a path I can take in life that will give me more time, less stress and be happier overall. First I will need to explain my current situation. Right now I work a job that pretty much requires 60-65 hour weeks and its very labor intensive. The reason I'm there is due to a budget increase because I needed a vehicle to and from work. Now I have found a way around this. But I'd have to forfeit the truck I have. I spoke with a good friend of mine yesterday who was also my supervisor at my old job. That job pays 3 dollars less per hour and is only 40 hour weeks which I can make enough to pay bills and save up for a vehicle. My supervisor said he'd have no problem at all getting me to and from work. I really feel like I should do this because I feel that I'd be happier overall, be able to workout again which I can't live without. I'd have a better work/life balance. Also I'd have time to go to school and pursue a career. What would you guys do?

Daniel Burnham

Hey GB folks, after some thinking last night, I decided that there is a path I can take in life that will give me more time, less stress and be happier overall. First I will need to explain my current situation. Right now I work a job that pretty much requires 60-65 hour weeks and its very labor intensive. The reason I'm there is due to a budget increase because I needed a vehicle to and from work. Now I have found a way around this. But I'd have to forfeit the truck I have. I spoke with a good friend of mine yesterday who was also my supervisor at my old job. That job pays 3 dollars less per hour and is only 40 hour weeks which I can make enough to pay bills and save up for a vehicle. My supervisor said he'd have no problem at all getting me to and from work. I really feel like I should do this because I feel that I'd be happier overall, be able to workout again which I can't live without. I'd have a better work/life balance. Also I'd have time to go to school and pursue a career. What would you guys do?

Do you really want life coaching advice from a fitness forum?  Why not speak to friends, family or a counselor or an actual life coach?  At any rate it seems you may have already made a decision.

Allan Dillon

I suppose you're right, and I have thought about talking to family about it but I pretty much already know what my family and friends would say, "that's more money! Why are you leaving?" Or "keep a good job while you can blah, blah" I shouldn't be seeking advice on the internet but I thought some opinions many help me feel better. Either way I do know that it boils down to what I decide.

Daniel Burnham

Yep.  Try making a Pro/Con list and giving weights to each thing.  That may help.

Kate Abernethy

I have done it - downshifted from a highly paid time-consuming job for a low-paid one with a much much better work/life balance and I don't regret it. Yes, people think/ thought I was nuts (probably am anyway  :blush: )

Note. I did this in my mid-thirties, having been in the job for 5 years, and after I felt that I had acquired all the expensive items I needed - such as top range mountain bike and Concept 2 rower  :)

Good luck with whatever you decide. Do the thing that feels right for you.