Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when comes the straddle planche

lisiflex

I want to give my sister the F courses as a birthday present. She was a gymnast in her youth but quit because it got too hard on her body. She can still flip around crazily but when it comes to strength she can barely do pull-ups, because she hasn't been in training for several years. (She is 23 now and quit at 17!) But in general, she was never really strong, maybe she could do a tucked planche for some seconds.

I know she loves this stuff but hasn't got the motivation to train at home alone. So this is the ideal thing as a present! Her boyfriend will also pay a part :)
She always used to talk about straddle planches. But they look really super hard!

Anyways, where in the F course would the straddle planche come?

Like in this video:

Is it in F4 or earlier? I actually just wanted to buy F1+F2 but her boyfriend said he want to get her F3+F4! 

So in which one is the straddle planche covered as a progression and when would you need to be to be as strong as the girl in the video?

Thanks in advance!

GoldenEagle

Her straddle planche training will begin in Foundation 1 and she will be able to, strongly, hold straddle planche by the end of Foundation 4.

• Like 1

Her straddle planche training will begin in Foundation 1 and she will be able to, strongly, hold straddle planche by the end of Foundation 4.

haha, yes of course! But I remember that I read anywhere (I can't remeber if it was this forum or another one!) that you would be actually able to do some of the skills in F2 and F3 already, just not the mastery of them, which are several sets for a certain amount of time! 

There is a huge difference if you can do a straddle planche for 3 secs like the girl in the video or if you can hold it for  5sets for 10 secs each, isn't it?

Joshua Slocum

haha, yes of course! But I remember that I read anywhere (I can't remeber if it was this forum or another one!) that you would be actually able to do some of the skills in F2 and F3 already, just not the mastery of them, which are several sets for a certain amount of time! 

There is a huge difference if you can do a straddle planche for 3 secs like the girl in the video or if you can hold it for  5sets for 10 secs each, isn't it?

Straddle planche as a work element doesn't show up until the end of F4 (it is the goal, after all). Most people will be able to hold a momentary straddle planche before reaching that point. When exactly they'll be able to is not a thing that can be easily predicted, but I think most people will be there, or pretty close to there, by the time they've finished F2. 

• Upvote 1