Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

morning routine

jinn

Hello,

since now I prefered only to read in your forum, because my "active writing English" is not that good,

I suppose. (I'm german)

My question:

What do you think about flexibility work in the morning?

I am planning on doing a morning routine with mobility drills and stretches (about 30 minutes)

to maintain and improve my flexibility.

Is there any problem that may occure due to morning stretches or are they ineffective?

Do you have any tips for this morning routine?

Greetings

Richard Duelley

I stretch in the morning but I would not call it flexibility work. Its more of a 10-20 minute warm up routine just to get the kinks out. I simply do some light stretching/theraband work for my arms/shoulders and some light stretching for my legs and core.

I have been doing this since I started working out again (a year next month) and I dont think it has improved my flexibility at all. I do it just to get the blood flowing and for recovery/prehabilitation purposes. I do dedicated flexibility work after my workouts 2-3 days a week (Tuesday and Friday have been the norm) and that is were I see gains in flexibility.

All in all I dont see how it can hurt you so you might as well give it a try and see how your body responds.

I do it just to get the blood flowing and for recovery/prehabilitation purposes. I do dedicated flexibility work after my workouts 2-3 days a week (Tuesday and Friday have been the norm) and that is were I see gains in flexibility.

All in all I dont see how it can hurt you so you might as well give it a try and see how your body responds.

Thanks for your reply!

I see, this also is a good use for a morning routine. I too thought about it as an extra warm up for a good start in the day.

So I will give it a try and see if it will improve my flexibility. If not, I'll have to add some post-workout stretching or an extra stretching session.

Greetings