This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 + im form check

Started by Alessandro Pantanella, March 20, 2014 · 8 Replies · 297 Views

Alessandro Pantanella

I would love to have your opinion on my form for both PE1 and PE1>im.

As for the with of the grip in the im is as wide as my knee with the legs crossed.

I know there is lot of discussion about this point but it seems to me that this is the distance the athlete is using in the video.

I'm trying to narrow the distance every time.

 

Thanks

 

PE1

http://youtu.be/hi6il1TOo8Y

 

im

http://youtu.be/3nE8URnkeXM

 

TANSTAAFL

Tripod looks A OK.

 

iM needs some work. You don't want to internally rotate at all (like when you do a dislocate over your head with a band/stick). You want to push straight up and shrug the shoulders as if you were in a handstand. Then lean forward and try to pull back without rotating the shoulders.

 

This, this, and this, will probably help clear things up as well.

Alessandro Pantanella

Thanks TANSTAAFL,

it took me some times to read all these topics but it was worth I was definitely doing it wrong.

I'll try to do it right from next time!

obc

TANSTAAFL you're a genius. These three links were amazing. In fact, it would be awesome to aggregate such gold posts into a single FAQ or something. Do you have more golden links like these three? :)

 

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing!

TANSTAAFL
obc said:

TANSTAAFL you're a genius. These three links were amazing. In fact, it would be awesome to aggregate such gold posts into a single FAQ or something. Do you have more golden links like these three? :)

 

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing!

We'll I will say this: if I meet your criteria for genius, your standards are probably a little on the low side :huh: . Glad to be of help, and yes I do have more golden links, as well as silver and a few bronze lying around...haven't been able to wrangle up any titanium yet though.  A 3 gig Evernote library usually amasses diamonds at some point :).

obc

Hehe :)

 

Please share all of this treasure links you have, it's really priceless !!! :)

 

And thanks a lot, really, for sharing, it's not taken for granted!

Alessandro Pantanella

Thanks to TANSTAAFL's suggestions in the last mont I worked the im with a better form and made some progress.

 

How far am I now from mastery?

 

Here two videos, in the first one I show the width of the grip (pretty much shoulder distance), the second one is a touch wider (index finger on side of shoulder).

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIrYOIFi_z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzCq3tfn2tQ

 

Everyone comment is welcome.

 

Alessandro

TANSTAAFL

New vids look pretty spot on IMO. The only thing I would make note of is the shaking, and as long as you keep working it in your WU that should pass. I am working HS/iM2 at moment and do 3 sets of iM1 during my wrist routine so it's always there.

Alessandro Pantanella

Thanks!

I wasn't sure it was good enough but was hoping to be able to move on!  :D

I'll keep it in my training because I'm really feeling more control and mobility since I started to do it correctly, good idea to put in the warm up!

 

HS/PE2 I'm coming!