Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One step forwrd and 2 steps back. FRUSTRATED :(

Shia

Guys about 4 months ago I was able to hold a pretty solid handstand for a good 10 seconds, but now I'm having trouble even finding the balance when I kick up. I have done nothing different and yet I seem to be getting progressively worse and finding it harder and harder

WHY?!

Honestly whenevr I practise handstands I feel like fhucking crying because I am so frsutrated at my lack of ability despite practising so long..

Alessandro Mainente

Handstand is a skill, in order to achieve it, you need to practice only correct form. as you tried to hold an handstand without a proper alignment  you will learn a wrong pattern. to avoid that is necessary build up shoulders mobility, then bodyline then balance sensation.

everytime you practice those things without have a solid basis you are working over a skill with less fixed parameters. with fixed i mean something knew to your brain that is correct (this mean correct joints angles and muscles activation) and that is used everytime during a skill. every time you practice whit not well defined parameter you are learning something different everytime. so you will never reach something stable and decent. to solve those problems you need to look over H1.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure I ran into this same problem. I usually ended up finding another "secret" about handstands when this happened and I got even better. Keep thinking about your handstands, and record them on video to see what you're doing wrong.

Remember, wrists, shoulders, hips, and feet should be stacked, body should be slightly hollow, shoulders elevated.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin Witkowski

I think I know what your issue is.  A few months ago you probably had worse form in your shoulder angle and back arch.  As you correct that, you have to get used to the balance again.

I know how you feel.  I can hold a god-awful handstand for about a minutes, but with my best form, which is still not perfect, I am thinking about 20 seconds at best.

Keep at it and it will come together for you.

• Upvote 2