Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Couple of Questions about Stretch 1 (S1)

wallcrawler

First, I had assumed a Stretching module was in the works from the beginning since 'Liquid Steel™' was announced as one of the original titles but the GB Curriculum doesn't list S1 among the courses. So is this a new addition or was it left out of the original curriculum list for some deliberate reason?

Second, is it confirmed that S1 will be released in 2014?

I think this is the course I am most excited about because it is where I feel I need the most help!

First, I had assumed a Stretching module was in the works from the beginning since 'Liquid Steel™' was announced as one of the original titles but the GB Curriculum doesn't list S1 among the courses. So is this a new addition or was it left out of the original curriculum list for some deliberate reason?

Second, is it confirmed that S1 will be released in 2014?

I think this is the course I am most excited about because it is where I feel I need the most help!

-We were not ready to announce anything with the Stretch Series at the time of  the original curriculum list's release.

-2014 is confirmed. We're not talking December 31st either ;)

• Upvote 7

For ease of use, Liquid Steel™ was broken into the iMs which are now integrated directly into the courses.

I did not realize there would be this depth of interest in my deep stretching protocols. Stretch 1 covers these in detail and is a new addition to our curriculum.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

• Upvote 10

Thanks for the quick replies!

Corey, I'll belive NOT Dec. 31st when I see it! ;)

Coach, since this course has become directed at desk-sitting 'older folk' like myself who lack explosiveness, loss of flexibility seems to be issue number 1! 2 words: Awe. Some! You have done an amazing job breaking down all of these complex feats into manageble bite-size pieces which embody one of my lifelong fitness philosophies: If you can do 7 reps, you can do 8 next time. If you can run for 1 minute, you can run for 1 minute and 1 second next time. Baby steps from novice to pro - all depending on how much work one is willing to put in when the easy starts to become less so! Hope to meet you all at a seminar in the near future!

• Upvote 1

Radoslaw Skiba

-We were not ready to announce anything with the Stretch Series at the time of  the original curriculum list's release.

-2014 is confirmed. We're not talking December 31st either ;)

It would be very nice to have it on holiday

• 9 months later...
Scott Pelton-Stroud

Will S1 still be coming out this year?

With no recent news about any upcoming releases, it seems unlikely  :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Kasper Stangerup

On the other hand, one could argue that with the unfortunate events surrounding the postponed release of M1 this june, Coach won't announce even a hint of a future release before the fact....

• Upvote 1

On the other hand, one could argue that with the unfortunate events surrounding the postponed release of M1 this june, Coach won't announce even a hint of a future release before the fact....

Whether it's unfortunate or fortunate depends on your perspective. The Movement courses in the new working iteration have been greatly expanded; the additional content is by far the most awesome part. :)

We aren't giving release dates, but multiple courses are being worked on. We want to release each as it is polished and ready.

• Upvote 6

Kasper Stangerup

We aren't giving release dates, but multiple courses are being worked on. We want to release each as it is polished and ready.

That is perfectly understandable, if a bit annoying (from my perspective). If we were supposed to wait with M1 until having finished some of the other courses, I would be less impatient. 

Edit:

And for the record I am certainly looking forward to getting an even better course at some point.

Keilani Gutierrez

when the topics of people asking when said new installments will be released. :P

all kidding aside, this link is what's going to be available to us so far, the forthcoming releases will align with how many of us "out there" are ready for the material. 

I don't speak in any official capacity for the GB team, but apparently what's next is the Movement Series. :) 

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

Which, for me at least, is *exactly* what's needed at this stage :D

that...goes without saying.  B-)

all kidding aside, this link is what's going to be available to us so far, the forthcoming releases will align with how many of us "out there" are ready for the material.

Perfect - I'll just subscribe to this. Thanks.