Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tendon length.

Connor Davies

Connor Davies

I was reading recently about how the length of your biceps tendon impacts how big your biceps can eventually get.  Apparently the longer the tendon, the smaller the biceps potential.

But I was wondering: how do longer/shorter tendons impact on straight arm strength?  If my biceps tendon is twice as long as the other guy, which one of us is going to have more difficulty learning a cross?

Alessandro Mainente

In the cross instead of talk about long head bicep tendon is better talk about brachialis tendon that is opposed to the diagonal torque of the forearm in respect to the upper arm. the tendon must be strong as the brachialis muscles, unfortunately the brachialis tendon has a constant length on the average of the population, more then the long head bicep tendon. the role of brachialis is prevent the diagonal collapse of the forearm. so you do not really need to develop strength to support bent arm strength of brachialis but connective tissue support while the tendon is elongated. in therms of length, longer tendons needs to be more conditioned since the matrix collagen fibers are longer and more susceptible to mechanical deformation.

Connor Davies

In terms of length, longer tendons needs to be more conditioned since the matrix collagen fibers are longer and more susceptible to mechanical deformation.

Thanks.  That really clears things up.