Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When to start ring work

alimac

Hi all. Just a question about when I should start to look at developing ring work. I'm only 4 weeks into my first gymnastics strength programme and currently am doing pretty basic stuff to give you an idea of where I'm at my strength programme is currently:

PB sit 15 x 4 secs

Frog Stand 6 x 10 secs (probably cold move onto next progression now)

XR Rings press up Bulgarian 3x5

XR Pullups Blgarian 3x5

Back curl ups 3x5

SLS negatives 3x5

Windshield wipers 3x5

Deck squats 3x5

v-ups 3x5

Some handstand work also thrown in.

So as you can see I'm at a pretty basic level although this routine is pretty manageable and looking forward to my next progression in a couple of weeks. Should I start to add some ring work in at this stage or wait until I get more strength as I'm sure most of the moves I would have to 'cheat' at the moment.

Richard Duelley

I dont see any problem with starting ring work. Just work on the basics like support position, front/back lever, muscle up and L-sit. You could even try out a press to shoulder stand, remember you can straddle your legs if needed to keep from falling through until you learn to balance it.

By the way you are all ready doing ring work with the dips and pull ups! 8)

Yes that's true :) though I was thinking about more like a very basic ring routine, linking one move into another, similar to some of the videos Coach has put in the "Ring Strength" forum.