Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB for health or peak performance?

Patrick Winkler

Patrick Winkler

Hey,

my name is Patrick and I'm thinking about starting with the GB starter pack, but I'm not sure, if my motivation is the right one to do a course that is designed to perform high level gymnastics as the ultimate goal.

My goals are after years of sitting too much and having pain and tension in the back and shoulders all the time, to finally get rid of all my dysbalances, weaknesses and my missing core strength.

I already have done a lot of strength training with body weight exercises and barbells, but nothing felt like it was really tackling my weaknesses.

Do you think I'm in the right place, or is this only for "real" gymnasts?

How many of the foundation courses do you need to take to develop basic strength, that carries one through all everyday challenges? (e.g. long car rides, carry bags with purchases )

How would you "maintain" a certain level of fitness, if you don't want to go all the way to the iron cross, but be healthy at a above average level of strength?

I appreciate all answers and hope that I'm in the right place to start my journey to have a stable, healthy and strong body.

Best,

Patrick

Joshua Slocum

If you're looking to tackle your weaknesses and fix imbalances in your physique, you have come to precisely the correct place. 

Just going through Foundation 1 will give you plenty of strength for making it through everyday life situations. Note, however, that the further you get, the easier and more enjoyable you'll find everyday life to be. 

If you simply want to 'maintain' a certain level of fitness, then you would continue to follow the same workout plan week after week (perhaps with minor variations). E.g. if you were to complete Foundation 1 and decided that you were done and simply wanted to maintain your current levels of strength, then you'd simply repeat the final few weeks of programming in F1.