Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How's my alignment looking?

Joshua Slocum

Joshua Slocum

Definitely a lot better than it used to be, but I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet. Those HS/PE's have helped a lot!

Looks like your big thing I'm seeing is the ribs sticking out. In my experience, pulling them in will let you access more shoulder ROM too (with that also comes having to open to hips more, a total PITA). PE4 really helped with ribs for me, and made 7 a cakewalk.

Alessandro Mainente

nice work joshua, i noticed a great improvement, you need more shoulders opening as you can see if you imagine a straight segment along your arm and another along the shoulders to the hips. as much you close this angle as much the shoulders will be opened.

for my experience ( i started the HS1 journey in december 2012) the biggest progress comes from the IM5 to IM8. i added some fun variations to the normal mobility and the opening in the shoulders increased a lot. probably is better discuss this thing into private forum. by the way hard work always pays.  :) 

Mikael Kristiansen

Not bad, but needs some work. You can balance well and you are strong. It is noticeable that you are a strong horizontal pusher. Being a maltese man, it is not surprising that you work a bit too much from your anterior chain. Your shoulders need a bit more flexion. I can see that you try to protract well to align, but you need a bit more mobility to stay protracted and still have that opening.

Also, work on your way into handstand. It is evident from that how your body wants to make it easy for itself by arching up. Instead you need to think that you want to stack yourself up from bottom to top: hands on the bars or floor-shoulders stack on top-hip goes above shoulders-kick leg is aligned with the upper body on the way up as in a handspring-second leg follows and feet gather directly over the hip. 

Try to not let your shoulders move during this movement. Have them locked in place and correct the balance from your hands.

• Upvote 1