Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Static holds 4x week, and order of static / basic strength sets

Xanderd

I'm a bit confused about the wording in the gymnastics bodies book:

1. In the static strength program design section the book says 'my preference is to perform simple static hold training on a Mon, Tu, Thu, Fri schedule'

Does this mean pick 1 static hold for each day (do each hold once per week), or do all the holds each day (do each hold 4 x per week)?

I have started with the latter so am doing Planche, back lever , L sit, front lever all on 4 days per week, but it's starting to seem like a lot.

2. The book says 'the static strength work should be done immediately preceding the basic strength work' (in the integrated training section)...but later mentions pairing static holds with basic strength moves.

Does this mean I do all the static holds first, then all my basic strength work after that, or do each static hold followed by it's paired basic strength move?

E.g. Planche, back lever , L sit, front lever. Then push up, row, HLL, deck squat

OR

Planche, push up, back lever, row, L sit, HLL, front lever, deck squat?

The answer to this also dictates how I superset, e,g. Do I Superset 2 static moves back to back, then another 2, or superset static/dynamic movements?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Answer 1: Search the forum for "Static Strength Cycle" (SSC) 

Answer 2: Embedded Static Strength Training is entirely different than a SSC.

Coach wrote out a few  examples for this kind of training in the same chapter. (Chapter 10 Program Design)

However: Here is a single repetition example: Imagine doing pull ups that start and end with a dead hang. Slowly pull yourself up to the bar as high as you can and hold the "Top position" for few seconds while flexing your bicep muscles. From the top position slowly lower yourself down into a tuck front lever hold the tuck front lever for a few seconds, and then slowly lower yourself back down into a dead hang.

Re-read chapters when needed. Take your time and do the movements with strict form.

• Like 1