Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prevent overuse injuries - tipps?

lisiflex

So, I did gymnastics and acrobatics for some time, but never was that serious or  cared about injuries etc.

1 year ago, when I got a little more serious, the problems started. From shin splints, to bicep pain, wrist pain from press handstands and back strains. Nothing is acute now, but I knoe if I would train more, it would come again.

I don't understand how elite gymnasts manage to train that much without getting constant overuse injuries?

I am quite strong, I can do pull.ups, leg lifts, my blood test and cardiogram are fine but it seems that everytime I spend just a little more time on one move, or put in 100%, some part of my body aches - I am 20, btw!

Does anyone have a tip on some supps that I can take to make tendons, ligaments and joints stronger? 
I do stretch a lot, but maybe there are pills or something?

Hope someone can help!

Piotr Ochocki

There is no magic pill that will build strong tendons, joints overnight.

Elite gymnasts build this strength over years of proper and planned conditioning. They were not born with this level of joint prep.

You say you are strong, as Coach would say - your body disagrees.

From this above I'm sure you see the solution.

Joshua Slocum

Your issue is with programming, not supplements. There's no magic bullet for strong tendons. Elite gymnasts slowly build up volume and intensity over time, and you have to do the same. 

Most likely, you're training movements at a difficulty/intensity that is too high. Most of your training volume should be done at significantly less than maximum intensity. 

My recommendation would be to start following the Foundation series if you have the money for it. 

• Upvote 1