Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strength Gain when?

akbar

My workout this week.

Sunday: Just played basketball for more than an hour. I also ran around the court twice

Monday: playing basketball for more than an hour. After that, I went straight to the workout room and worked on my shoulders, chest, biceps, and abs. I did about 2-3 sets of each, 12-15 reps, medium weight. (I only did one exercise for each body part though). When I came home (took about 20 minutes) I did about 3 sets of pushups and reps going to failure.

Tuesday: My chest and arms are sore. I go back and play basketball around the same time for about an 1 hour and 30 mins. While playing, I dislocated my shoulder. No workout today

Wednesday (today): I wake up and my shoulder is killing me. Can't do any kind of stretch or warm-up without it hurting. Besides that, I'm wondering, how long will it take to see any improvement in strength. I want to stop training with weights and do only bodyweight training because I don't want to get big but at the same time, get really strong. I can't do much pull-ups and not flexible.

I really want to get stronger and more flexible (have been doing stretches) so I do some breakdancing moves. (I have alot of questions lol...im new to this)

Before you start asking random questions, make sure to read this.

http://eshlow.blogspot.com/

Looks like you are very new to this and it is hard to guide you to the right direction when you don't have much clue what we are telling you.

Also you can get stronger without getting big using weights. Body weight exercise is just different and IMO way more effective.

If you really dislocated your shoulder you need to go to a doc and then get referred over to a physical therapist so you can rehab it correctly. Otherwise, if you don't you will have a nagging injury for the rest of your life, and it may not even heal correctly or you may never get full range of motion back.

yea I'm going to the doctor this week to check on both my shoulders. I had this problem since as early I can remember. Thanks for the reply.

My real question is, which should I focus my training on: strength or endurance?

I used to be able to do 40 push-ups but after a a couple of months being lazy, it went down to 20. I did push-ups of 3 sets with reps to failure. Rest the next day and repeat the day after that. I think this builds endurance right? At the same time, it felt like I was stronger after a week or two.

Strength.

Endurance is a very easily developed trait when you have strength. As you know, you got up to 40 pushups fairly easily. Good strength takes years to develop.

how can i develop this "good strength"? Is there any way besides lifting weights? mabye using only bodyweights

I wonder how bruce lee got so strong...

how can i develop this "good strength"? Is there any way besides lifting weights? mabye using only bodyweights

I wonder how bruce lee got so strong...

Progressive bodyweight exercises.

Read all of the stickies around the forum. Watch Coach Sommer's youtube videos,.