Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Push ups progressions without rings

Mouclier Victor

Mouclier Victor

HI GB community !

The title says it all , here's my problem, i don't have regularly acces to rings, so what can i do for the push ups progression in the book ? is there any alternative ?

Thanks

ps: excuse my bad english, i'm french x)

Welcome!

How about on the floor? If that fails, there are kettlebell handles, pushup handles, parallel bars and parallettes, etc.

Joshua Slocum

Also note that rings are pretty cheap if you have a place to hang them - in the US you can get them for around $30-40.

ForzaCavaliere

Pushups, pseudo-planche pushups, bowers, uneven pushups, one-armed pushups, tiger-bend one-armed pushups. 

That's all I could think of, aside from really advanced ones like planche pushup, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Standard (Hand spacing: Wide, Narrow "Diamond", and Shoulder width)

2. "Below the Point" (Place your parallettes, two chairs, parallel bars, etc and place your feet on something that is about the same height as your hands and lower your head beyond the horizontal point of your hands) These can be similar to XR Pushups.

3. Pseudo Planche

Elevate your feet higher than your hands to make any of the above variations more difficult.

4. Wall Planche

5. Planche Push ups

6. Headstand into Handstand

• Like 1

1. Standard (Hand spacing: Wide, Narrow "Diamond", and Shoulder width)

2. "Below the Point" (Place your parallettes, two chairs, parallel bars, etc and place your feet on something that is about the same height as your hands and lower your head beyond the horizontal point of your hands) These can be similar to XR Pushups.

3. Pseudo Planche

Elevate your feet higher than your hands to make any of the above variations more difficult.

4. Wall Planche

5. Planche Push ups

6. Headstand into Handstand

HeSPUs are easier than planche push-ups and variations.

• Upvote 1

You can always experiment with some plyometric push ups. They are great fun and can really build your explosive power! There are numerous video's on youtube that display variations of them.