Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Decided to buy a Foundation Course but I have got some questions before! hope someone can help!

Katharina Huemer

Katharina Huemer

After weeks of struggeling I finally decided to buy one of the foundation courses and I am really excited! I read a lot of reviews and now that I found out, that it really gives you a detailed program and you don't have to guess how many reps etc anymore, I decided to get it!

But I was wondering which would be the best one for me? I couldn't find out what F1, F2, F3, F4 covers? Is it getting harder with each or are there just different exercises with the same goals?

I am a girl, 21 years old, I can do about 5 full good-form hanging leg raises, 3 deadhang pull-ups, I can hold a straddle on floor for about 30 seconds and an L-sit on floor for about 10. I can easily press into handstand against a wall, I can hold a handstand against a wall for about 4 minutes, but free I can just do 3 secs or so!

My goals are:
20 good-form hanging leg raises
10 pull-ups
5 pull-up pull-overs
straddle press to handstand
a pike handstand (not from L-sit, this will be way too hard
a good V-Sit for some seconds
hold a free standing handstand for 1 minute

I have got a pull-up bar and a pair of parallettes at home.

Which Foundation should I go for?
Does it tell me how long I should work out every day? Should I do ANY more conditioning beside the course to reach my goals faster or will it hinder the process? (Will it be good to do some hanging leg raises each day or is it not necessary?)
What do you think, how long would it approx. take me to reach my goals listet above?

I hope you can help me and I am looking forward to buying one of the courses!!!

The courses are highly progressive, as Riku said, it's important to start with F1.

You are given options for how often you workout, but after that things are very clearly spelled out, reps sets etc....

However how long it takes depends on too many factors to make it worth guessing here.

Jean-Rene Losier

Always start with F1 as was mentioned, but looking at your goals, it seems you like you handstands. So maybe investing in H1 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Katharina Huemer

Always start with F1 as was mentioned, but looking at your goals, it seems you like you handstands. So maybe investing in H1 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

so you think i should go for H1 instead of F1? The only thing I really wanna know is what the goal of F1 is. So what strength skills will I be able to do after I finished it successfully?

Alexander Svensson

so you think i should go for H1 instead of F1? The only thing I really wanna know is what the goal of F1 is. So what strength skills will I be able to do after I finished it successfully?

It's all there on the product page. F1-F4 will build towards straddle planche, manna, sls, rope climp, hollow back press, side lever and front lever. That's only the end-result though. There a lot of other strength moves you will learn before the end.

You start with F1 and the rest of them is the same thing only harder exercises.

Katharina Huemer

It's all there on the product page. F1-F4 will build towards straddle planche, manna, sls, rope climp, hollow back press, side lever and front lever.

Yes I know the goals of F1-F4. I was just wondering if I might start with F2. For example, if the goals of F1 are V-Ups, L-sits and Straddles I don't really need it because I can already do it so it would be a waste of money!

Alexander Svensson

Yes I know the goals of F1-F4. I was just wondering if I might start with F2. For example, if the goals of F1 are V-Ups, L-sits and Straddles I don't really need it because I can already do it so it would be a waste of money!

Well actually it won't be, cuz you have a 100% money back guarantee. So if you buy it and find that all in it is below you already you should get your money back (or trade it for F2) I think that's how it works, but you should probably talk to Cory Fair here to be sure.

Also, if the final exercise of F1 is something that you already can do, doesn't mean that you will master all the exercises that comes before it. A lot of people here have found that out.

Katharina Huemer

It's all there on the product page. F1-F4 will build towards straddle planche, manna, sls, rope climp, hollow back press, side lever and front lever. That's only the end-result though. There a lot of other strength moves you will learn before the end.

I understand that it will always be bets to start from F1 to mark out some deficiencies. But I was just wondering which Foundation covers my personal goals I listed above. So will it all be covered with F1 or should I also go for F2 for my goald I listed above?

Joshua Slocum

By the end of F2 you should have no trouble performing your non-handstand goals. 

Note that the foundation series are sequential: you can't do them concurrently. 

Katharina Huemer

By the end of F2 you should have no trouble performing your non-handstand goals. 

Note that the foundation series are sequential: you can't do them concurrently. 

Ah ok, so either F1 or F2 but not both together! Is there a "skill index" or something so I can decide which I should go for? I am already in gymnastics and I also was as a child and I also attend a body weight class once a week so I just don't want to start as a complete beginner and do F1! I just want to get to my goals

Daniel Burnham

Ah ok, so either F1 or F2 but not both together! Is there a "skill index" or something so I can decide which I should go for? I am already in gymnastics and I also was as a child and I also attend a body weight class once a week so I just don't want to start as a complete beginner and do F1! I just want to get to my goals

The course is paired exercises and mobility drills. The reason there is no skill index listed is because it is very difficult to know what weakeness you might hit along the way. Just because someone has the end goals of foundation doesn't mean they will have mastered all exercises and mobility drills.

The mobility is just as important as the strength exercise and are meant to address individual weaknesses. The only way to know which course you need is to buy it and try mastery on all movements. If you end up thinking it a waste of time then I would think a refund could be arranged. This is why we day start with F1 no matter what.

I think you will be surprised, as many others have been, at how seemingly simple exercises can give you a great deal of trouble.

• Upvote 3