Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Preparing for H1

Bill Köhntopp

Bill Köhntopp

Hey guys,

i want to start with H1, i'm already doing F1 and i like it, but till the next few months i don't have enough money to buy H1 too.

So my question ist, how can i use the time till this date perfectly?
Already doing shoulder dislocates, what else can i do for saving time when starting H1?

Wall runs, Handstandpushups?!

Some tips would be nice :)

Thanks!

#william#

Karri Kytömaa

Spend time upside down and take all F1 shoulder mobility to your routine. That's what I dare to say without referring to any H1 material :)

James Janssen

H1 has lots of preparatory elements, you're asking to prepare for the preparing. I assume you expect the worst, and you should.

No just kidding :) , H1 has lots of therapeutical elements that increase your mobility, endurance and strength significantly. But it is never too early to start mobilizing shoulders and the scapulae. I suggest you take a look at this. I do it next to H1 anyway. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YHIV4a81Os

No just kidding :P,

FYI William-- Jimmy is not kidding ^_^

Just spend time upside imo, stretch shoulders, wrists etc... working a nice tight hollow hold with arms in a hs line will help a lot...

Yknow. Handstand training :)

• Upvote 1

Bill Köhntopp

Thanks for replies :)

@ Jimmy: looks like preparing rotators in the vid, always a good thing.

Upside down is what i expected as an answer :D

Ok so i think i will build up the volume first, with aiming 3x60sec of holding on the wall with good bodyline.

Bill Köhntopp

Yesterday and today i did some hs training against my doorframe, was quite good, first try i could hold me 5 sec away from the wall without touching...but after 3-4 short trys my wrists starts to hurt. should i just do it everyday for a few rounds till i feel the discomfort or is two times a week better for my wrist to handle this? 

F1 and H1 are designed to be trained in tandem; hence F1 is the preparation for H1 and H1 is the preparation for F1.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 5

Please note also,

H1 has wrist preparation, which will specifically build the mobility and strength required for HS work (as well as preparing them for many other types of stresses). As well, H1 begins from the VERY beginning, there's no need to prepare for it.

Ed

Bill Köhntopp

Hey guys,

i want to start with H1, i'm already doing F1 and i like it, but till the next few months i don't have enough money to buy H1 too.

This is still the point. No excuse ;)

Radoslaw Skiba

William, H1 costs only 100$. I think you will need at least 1 year to master, so divide 100$ by 12 months.

It's about 8$ per month, so it's probably the cheapest course designed by high class Coach you can get.

You get 12 Handstand Prep, 14 Handstand Specific plus iM and 36 excellent wrist exercises. 

It's worth much more.

• Upvote 1

Bill Köhntopp

First! I don't want to discuss what i can pay!

Second point, 100 is not much? For me as a student 100 is A LOT.

Most here think it's easy for everyone to buy every course. I doubt that.

And that "it is cheapest i can get" is no argument when there is no extra money. 

Here in Germany i need to pay my rent, my studying stuff, food and so on AND i'm working when time is there...so what? 

If it is a priority, you will find a way.

My own personal students each paid over $400usd per month for many years.  Paying only $100, for a course with years of programming provided plus a private forum to discuss the training in, to access that same level of knowledge that they paid many tens of thousands of dollars to access is a bargain beyond compare.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 6

Radoslaw Skiba

William, if you have no time to earn more money it's always possible to save some money by buying cheaper products.

I'm from Poland and some months ago I started street workout training because I wanted to save money. In Poland prices are almost the same as in Germany, but people in Poland earn 4 times less. There are people from Poland who were able to save 100 $.

I was injured and still have little problems with my chest. I spent much more money on doctor and medicine than probably Foundation, Handstand and Rings will cost together. 

I will never make the same mistake. Now I train with course disigned by the Coach.

It's better to spend some money, but save health and much time. Health is priceless.

• Upvote 1

In Australia the cost of living is far far more than Germany our wage is also higher on average but not equal to the difference in cost of living. I am studing as well and unlike most of Germany I have to pay over 4000 euro a semester in university fees as well as over 1000 euro a month on just food and rent... I still managed to save for these courses though. I understand how Important every dollar is when you are a student but if something is of high priority you will find a way. ( between Uni, work and training I literally have no time for social life :P. but that can come later when I'm a strong beast and no longer studying!). Any way point is, if you want it then there is a way it just depends on how much effort you are willing to put in.

Bill Köhntopp

It's not important for me, how much money you all can safe.

You know why? Because you never can compare to anyone else.

life in Germany is expensive too. you wanna here it, ok...at the end of every month there's nothing like a few dollars left. I'm still eating cheapest things, so i will not pay less for eating as i do right now, because i want to eat as healthy as i can with my budget.

So my priority is living! Have to buy, (HAVE TO!) a new computer, so i have to safe money for this, and i cannot wait till studiying is over.

It's not like i am wasting money for things like bubblegum, so do not tell me that it's a priority thing.

Sorry, but you all sound so stubborn and praying the same sentences, doesn't make them fit to me.

Like written in my first post, i'm willing to get H1, the topic of the thread is about the time BEFORE getting H1, because of no money.

So no discussion about things you don't know ;)

fin.

William

• Upvote 1

Bill Köhntopp

Also I used to be the same eating the cheapest foods have no money, so I got 2 jobs which gives me literally 0 time for anything besides work training and study after rings and h2 come out i might have enough for them then once they are bought I'm go into quit my second job finally!

Don't want to win a race, but studying architecture is so time stealing. I'm already searching for second job in holidays, so i hope to start early with H1.

In Australia the cost of living is far far more than Germany our wage is also higher on average but not equal to the difference in cost of living. I am studing as well and unlike most of Germany I have to pay over 4000 euro a semester in university fees as well as over 1000 euro a month on just food and rent... I still managed to save for these courses though. I understand how Important every dollar is when you are a student but if something is of high priority you will find a way. ( between Uni, work and training I literally have no time for social life :P. but that can come later when I'm a strong beast and no longer studying!). Any way point is, if you want it then there is a way it just depends on how much effort you are willing to put in.

Just my two cents, I lived in Germany for a while and it is perfectly feasible to live for as little as 300-500 euros. Dorm rooms usually cost no more than 300 euros a month, and 200 euros for food and other expenses (including books and rare night outs) is more than enough. Not saying it will be comfortable, but it's easily managabale. After all, most students are living on a tighter budget.   

That's my point living in Germany is cheap. Australia isn't by comparison. I actually lived with a guy in gottingen who loved off something like 260 euro a month. Was pretty incredible tbh dunno how he managed it.

Bill Köhntopp

Just my two cents, I lived in Germany for a while and it is perfectly feasible to live for as little as 300-500 euros. Dorm rooms usually cost no more than 300 euros a month, and 200 euros for food and other expenses (including books and rare night outs) is more than enough. Not saying it will be comfortable, but it's easily managabale. After all, most students are living on a tighter budget.   

What? Sry but where did you live, what did you eat? 200 euros for a month, haha sorry, thats my food just nothing else included. when you need just 2000 calories and eating crap maybe. when y add just some fruits and veggies a day, it will easily go over 200 a month, except you're just eating spaghettis :D and i am living in a cheaper town. 

Would be a dream if there are just the costs for food and a room *__*

Just for normal study stuff i have to pay minimum 50 € a month, but usually more. 

Books not included, clothes, everything not included.

Bill Köhntopp

I Australia you can easily earn a lot more money, also as student i heard from a lot people who lived there. 

I do not know one student who earns more than 7,50€ an hour, most less

Hey guys,

So my question ist, how can i use the time till this date perfectly?

Already doing shoulder dislocates, what else can i do for saving time when starting H1?

Wall runs, Handstandpushups?!

Some tips would be nice :)

Thanks!

#william#

some (most?) people struggle with mobility so I would recommend you to stretch. Strength will come faster so use this time for improving flexibility.

I'm affraid I can't tell you more.

Hope to see you soon on H1 forum.

• Upvote 1

Bill Köhntopp

some (most?) people struggle with mobility so I would recommend you to stretch. Strength will come faster so use this time for improving flexibility.

I'm affraid I can't tell you more.

Hope to see you soon on H1 forum.

:)

thanks, yeah i want a f*** handstand as soon as possible!

Read a lot about "open shoulder" as indicator for good handstand, so i should focus on this maybe...and wrist strength

Wrist strength and endurance seems to be a limiting factor for me. Well it was, now it is much better but still a long way to go. Open shoulders and straight body alignment makes a handstand considerably easier to hold in my own experience.