Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heart Arrhythmia -need some help!

Norbert Marko

Norbert Marko

Hi!

So this topic is directed to myself in the first place but I hope that if anyone reads this, and have a similar condition he can pick up something useful from the oncoming discussion.

The problem is that I have some kind of arrythmia (I have some extra heartbeats occasionaly on a daily  basis, but no other symptom connected, and always when I'm under mental stress, never at physical, sometimes without any stress) - it came out like almost four years ago first, and half a year ago recently.

My first thing was a doctor who did some examinations, stress test, ECG monitor,  x-ray on the size of the chambers and so on. His final position was that I can ( in fact it is better if I DO) continue my GST training because there is no anatomical problem with my heart, and it can help me strengthen it.

The real problem is that he does not know where these plus heartbeats come from, he used the term: Lone Arrythmia or something like that.

I really want to know the origins of this arrythmia and sort it out, because I'm almost certain that cannot come from nowhere there IS something that causes it and I need some help with the literature where I can start.
I'm sure there are many books out there on the topic where they explain it for non-doctors.

The second thing, and this is where I want to start is vitamins, minerals etc. Does anyone know (not the recommendations by the countries) the REAL needs of these micronutrients per pound of bodyweight?
I heard that these offbeats can come from inadequate supplementing. Some literature on this too?
What do I need exactly? I heard magnesium, Vitamin D, Iodine.

Thanks in advance!

Keilani Gutierrez

I hope you find recovery soon, Norbert! 

check out this thread for actual data for reference and to understand where i come from: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13352-pre-f1-and-current-body-composition-heart-and-bone-density-from-magnetic-resonance-included/

I've done a number of ventures as experiments since I started gravitating towards the Nutrition forum and get quite a few bitch smacks to my ego going through it all and for very simple reasons, I'm a retailer of supplements. 

having that clear, let me say one thing. the knowledgeable people of this nutrition forum are right. given, we don't always have 100% of the truth because we as metabolic beings undergo chemical changes and those changes are dynamic. it's as if follows the same scheme of the Chakras, one system will have unique needs and balances that are made to come into play through other systems needs and balances. it's very beautiful to watch. :)

my body -did- see explosive growth and recovery when nutrition was on point(per Josh's workout nutrition) and workouts were scheduled in at the morning before I went on with my day.(i did this out of personal preference, yet i will say there is wisdom in doing exercise when you're bodies energies are changing(much like the rising of the sun) and it's a time to train that i've come to enjoy.

a few pointers, you are asking questions on supplements and I'll give you the solace i was seeking when i was a little paranoid about not getting what i needed from my food and the wisdom is this: first you must do something, to find deficit and insert the pieces to create chemical harmony. 

this means: eat your protein(in 30g or a tad less, depending on your composition), eat fats and carbs and with every meal, eat veggies of dense phytochemicals and when you eat fruits, eat ones with lots of antioxidants. now when i say phytochemicals and antioxidants, im not saying start buying a ton of exciting and exotic fruits and veggies, i'm saying, know what you eat and it's purpose in your diet(kind of how you know the role of protein, fat and carbs, once you have that understanding down, you can then move on[as if it were a progression] down the rabbit hole of organic chemistry and start dialing in specifics. but let's not jump too ahead here. 

once you have an array of these aforementioned criteria, you will see a lot of things fall into place. suddenly, things will find a way of working and it's after you reach this time that pursuit of implementing supplements will work. what i mean by this is that a protein shake will not substitute your steak and glucose powder won't substitute your carbs. 

we are primarily a natural being, it's just that our natural habitat is different now and our sustenance comes to us  through supermarkets instead of going to find game. 

anyway, I've used myself extensively in experimentation ever since June, monitoring myself with a MR machine(which is like an MRI, but it doesn't take a picture, it gives me a read out of a 1 minute celular time lapse) and can confirm that if you're food sources are primarily whole food's, you can fill relative small cracks for close to nothing and is the exact same program that I promote to my customers, my associates customers and my friends, loved ones, etc etc. anyone who listens is going to benefit greatly for this, especially if you transmit it with the certainty that working on yourself and proving your own dogma to be false is very powerful. 

do your workouts, respect the programming, do what it calls for and you will see how you're body will start behaving like something else entirely. (I think, it's only my opinion.) 

and don't forget to consult your health professional. 

Douglas Wadle

It's difficult to give you much advice unless we know the actual diagnosis.  Are you having PVC's (premature ventricular contractions), PAC's (premature atrial contractions), lone Atrial fibrillation, PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia), etc.  There are many and sundry diagnoses, and the treatments and causes of each would be different.  For starters, most heart arrhythmias are aggravated by caffeine and alcohol, and especially energy drinks.  Cold medications and the like can do the same.  As alluded to above, make sure your diet is healthy, but that alone will probably not fix this problem. I'm assuming your doctor checked levels of magnesium, potassium, and other electrolytes.  I would say, many people are low in magnesium, and sometimes even have normal blood levels.  So magnesium supplement wouldn't hurt (unless it gives you diarrhea) but is probably not necessary unless your blood levels were low.  Oftentimes these problems are due to electrical abnormalities in the heart, which are probably more developmental than acquired.  If you can get the name of your rhythm disturbance I'd be glad to try to help further.  best of luck, and be glad your doctor doesn't think it's something serious.

Norbert Marko

Thank You for your wishes guys! I really hope that it isn't something serious and I can find some way to make it disappear or at least minimalize it. The fact is that it is not a hinderance on my athletic capabilities at the slightest, and it only bugs me when I'm a little bit stressed out and this thing makes you a little bit more stressed. The other sad thing is that I had to leave out the espressos :( and while I know for sure it is not the origin, it can be a trigger.

I appriciate your answers, it is a really nice feeling to read these long posts :)

Now let's see:

@Keilani Thank You for this deatiled answer! I'm actually considered it to implement slizzardman's Nutrition guidelines into my daily routine, but now I am pretty sure I will do it.
Funny thing is that I was already a returning reader on the forums at around 2008-2009 and I liked the ideas on the nutrition forums and the posts about sprinting 'n such, but when i explained them to others they called BS ( nowdays, these people are the most dogmatic followers of these ideas iornically )
Now when I said supplements, I meant things like magnesium, potassium etc. supplements, to help me treat any deficieny if this is the case, not the macronutrient part (altough I am considering the whey supplements for training nutrition too), but the ideas are most welcome in your reply :)

@MT Nordic I'm trying to be as accurate as I can! When it first occured four years ago it was an atrial fibrillation, it lasted for a couple of hours then disappeared on it's own, when the doctor already said that I have to stay in to restore the sinus rhtym. After that I could go home without any further exmainations. It stayed away for 3 and a half years and It first came back with some premature contractions ( now this is not clear for me now where exactly but after the AFIBs, my guess would be the PAC's, it lasted for few days then went away. The third episode was on last August, I woke up for some arrythmic contartcions, I think it was my Afib again but it went away after like 5-10minutes, then sinus rhytm was back, this time it was very short, not like the first time. and since this time, I have some premature contractions a few times a day ( not sure if PVC's or PAC's, but I think of PAC's).

Doctor said that I do not need any medications, because I'm fine without them. He also said it is not something anathomical but some other underlaying factor that they probably cannot find out, but I'm fine with these.
It is a good thing to hear but still, I'm sure that if I am to go over every possible factor on my own, I will find out the cause, and this is where I need some help, to get started. Literature or any websites would be a good start.