Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre F1 and current Body Composition (Heart and Bone density from Magnetic Resonance included)

Keilani Gutierrez

Keilani Gutierrez

hey everyone

just posting this up for everyone's benefit. I've been keeping track of my nutrition and body composition since about April (Should have done it by January to get more dramatic results, but i lost those labs from my computer) 

I used to focus on what my BF% was, but I had so many variants: one machine told me i had 5%, another told me i was 8%, the MR tells me I have 22%, so since i've been using that primarily, i've been using that as a benchmark 

I have about 30 different results, but I'm posting on the one's I've focused on primarily, my eating, my heart(which was in not so optimal shape) and my bones (I was low in mineral density and also Acid) 

what I changed during this span of time (April-Oct)

1. doing my workouts consistently (I did take two months off, due to stress, workload and depression)
2. eating more often
3. what I ate more often exclusively came from whole foods sources
4. any fast food incident during the entire year is lower than 40. 
5. following my workouts, I followed Josh's peri-workout recomendation (one shake prior, one shake after)
6. I played around with the macros and I find stability at around 45% Carbs, 35% Protein and 20% Fat. 

7. meditating (I'm currently meditating twice a day, for 10-12minutes) 
8. my workout schedule is 4 day(Foundation) and 2 day(Handstands)
9. I've been doing my best to keep track of what i'm eating and the time intervals but my current financial situation is leaving me little wiggle room for error. so when i miss a meal, i don't cry about it and just roll with it. once I have my own work place, I'll go on a three month exploratory to see what fine tuning I can do(I can definetely improve in terms of hydration, food timing and actually eating during the day.) 

something to note about my bones, I found interesting that as I got better at executing certain exercises like Arch body Holds, the level of my lumbar calcification has diminished. also, my tendons/ligaments are acting significantly younger, the bone growth that i had on my shins from bashing them with my pedals has gone down over time(Hallelujah). 

aside from that, this is pretty freaking cool. #nerd

enjoy. :)

April stats

weight: don't have specific figures, but it was somewhere around 148-150's

post-3648-0-54306900-1382125146_thumb.pn
post-3648-0-61273300-1382125157_thumb.pn
post-3648-0-22004000-1382125167_thumb.pn

(body composition stats)
intracelular fluid: 27.1 lb's
extracelular fluid:13.9 lb's
protein(or muscle volume): 10.74lb
inorganic substances:4.4lb
body fat:14.9lb

Oct stats
weight:160-164lbs
post-3648-0-41169800-1382125177_thumb.pn

post-3648-0-56048300-1382125187_thumb.pn

post-3648-0-19979700-1382125197_thumb.pn

(body composition stats)

intracelular fluid: 28lb
extracelular fluid: 14.4lb
protein(or muscle volume): 24.48lb
inorganic substances: 10.21lb 
body fat: 36.5lb 

edit: technical error with images = resolved. 

edit part deux: I included in the part refering to musculoskeletal and fat portions of the analisis. 

edit part deux deux: didn't notice my fat analisis report was a little wierd, i'll repost them when i make sense of them (translated from chinese) 

• Upvote 4

Keilani Gutierrez

thanks ^_^ I'm sure there's others who've done loads better than I have and they just haven't been analized. :) 

FREDERIC DUPONT

WOW!

Your muscle mass goes from 51.7 to 117.9 in 6 months!

That must be some sort of a record here KG

#Hulk

#FreakOfNature

#hypergrowth

#OMG #HangInThere #IWantToSeeThatIn3Years

#IBeYourAgent #YourDreamOfWorkingInACircusComesTrue

:D:P

April stats (...) muscle mass: 51.7
(...)

Oct stats (...) muscle mass:117.9

That said, well done on keeping these stats --> That which is measured, improves!  :)

Keilani Gutierrez

I'm sure a lot of that is water, calcium and all...those other things i dont know about right? it's impossible for there to be a 50-60lb increase and me not weight 200-ish lbs

too many hashtags, Fred :P

• 2 weeks later...

Man what are the inorganic substances? I've got to start doing this.

Nice work on the muscle increase!

inorganic substance will be things like minerals and trace elements, i guess

Rocks, hermit crab shells, discarded parachutes... you know...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Frankincensed

That's an interesting report! Never have seen one with so many details  :blink:

I'm not seeing any muscle/fat mass reading though. Which page is that on?

The thing that stands out to me is your cardiac O2 consumption.

Don't know if your HR is up at the time, but you might want to consider tossing in some

form of cardio a few times a week.  It has certainly can make a difference in HR and HR recovery.

Keilani Gutierrez

That's an interesting report! Never have seen one with so many details  :blink:

I'm not seeing any muscle/fat mass reading though. Which page is that on?

The thing that stands out to me is your cardiac O2 consumption.

Don't know if your HR is up at the time, but you might want to consider tossing in some

form of cardio a few times a week.  It has certainly can make a difference in HR and HR recovery.

thank you :) 

the muscle/fat readings, i didn't read the results correctly and just haven't gotten around to doing it. sometime this week, i'll post it up for you.  

and you're right about the Cardio, I was playing at a Nerf war with a few friends and by the third round, I noticed that my "all out sprints" turned not so "all out" :P lost the flag in a round cause of it ;_; 

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

All I can say is: awesome. I saw it from your "form check" videos; everytime you uploaded one you looked better.

Bien hecho compañero! Sigue así!

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.