Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F1/H1 appropriate for older trainee?

oldandstiff

I'm interested in starting this type of training, but perusing the forums, most trainees seem significantly younger. I'm in my mid 40's with a bunch of old injuries (knee, shoulder, back) and have even developed some reasonable amount of arthritis from these. Nevertheless, I am interested in combining strength with mobility and improved movement, and this seems like it might be the trick, but I would be interested in any experiences from the more age and connective tissue challenged crowd.

(I will take responsibility for myself, but if I listened to the doctors, I'd already have a plastic knee and a spinal fusion. Instead I did a kettlebell clean&press and pullup workout, so....nuts to them)

Joseph Carbone

Welcome to the forum. I am 54 years old. I have been incorporating the F1 and H1 programsI for the past 16 and 4 weeks respectively. I have an old injury, a tear in the right rotator cuff. Prior to beginning F1, my mobility in raising my arm overhead or to the rear was limited and at times painful. Since the inception of F1 both the mobility and pain threshold has improved.

Both programs are exceptional. As with any program you might choose to do, kettlebells, olympic, bodyweight etc, just remember to listen to your body. I hope my thoughts help.

• Upvote 1

Connor Davies

(I will take responsibility for myself, but if I listened to the doctors, I'd already have a plastic knee and a spinal fusion. Instead I did a kettlebell clean&press and pullup workout, so....nuts to them)

Welcome to the American medical institute, where the more unnecessary surgery the doctors put you through, the more money they make.

This programs better than most.  Just take it easy on the joint prep to start with, and you'll be fine.