Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some general questions

Feral

I have some general questions that i would be glad if anyone of you guys could help me with :-)

1. In the book it says that you should do the body weight exercises to failure, so why don't you do the static exercises to failure? In the book it says that you should divide your max in two and use that for a rep and then do them in sets of totaly 60 sec

2. Doesn't gymnastic practitioners put any time into specific endurance or cardio training? In the Book Coach summer seemed to have great endurance and cardio by only doing Gymnastic Strength Training™. If there is some endurance or cardio training in gymnastics, how do they train it?

3. If i want to add static training to my strength training, should i do the exercise like presented i.e. 3-8 sec reps for a total sets of 60 sec? I put them after my strength training exercise so that it wont take anything away from my max lifts, for example i first do benchpress then i do a static exercise that focus on the same area.

1. When I simply work 60s of total volume in planche and lever it made me so damn sore that it affected my training. Generally this was simply 6 holds of 10s where my max was just around 10s rather than 15-20. I didn't have maxes figured out at that time so it really stressed my CNS.

2. There is so much variance in metabolic conditioning from gym to gym and from training regimens in the women's and training regimens in the men's. From what I've seen many of the girls program simply expect the girls to run 5-15m nonstop on the floor at top speed which turns into a jog but they keep yelling at them to sprint. STUPID. Some gyms have the girls shoe-up and go for runs around the gym but honestly I'm wary of this due to what is around the gyms most of the time ( parking lots/other businesses ). Sometimes they do quite a bit of sprints on floor or vault or stuff like squat thrusts or burpees or plyo stuff. A lot of their conditioning circuits are done as a circuit so there is very little rest in between rounds which is in effect a METCON.

1.If you want to get optimally excellent at your static holds, I would do them with appropriate rest periods before any weightlifting or in completely different sessions. They will effect some of your lifting workloads or isokinetic/dynamic exercises.

2. Some people add them at the end of workouts or in different sessions. It all depends on how important they are to you. Would you rather get a straddle planche or HSPU or up your load on BP or OHP?

3. Even if you put them after your max lifts, they will eventually improve somewhat due to getting technically better at them. How much will depend on how much those muscles and your CNS if fatigued. If they are trashed, don't expect to get impressive gains. If their is still something left, your muscles will learn how to adapt and become more effcient.