Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB Curriculum Content Predictions

Scott Pelton-Stroud

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Maybe the leverage thing is with rings trainers to go between different static position. Maybe.

Leverage assisted makes me think of strap

crosses/pulls, etc. Zach repped strap Lcross to strap malt and back at seminar; impressive stuff but whether or where it fits in I do not know.

• Upvote 1

Christian Sørlie

Would the negative maltese board press be leverage assisted

Since they are not even on rings, I would assume to see these as iM (!)

Connor Davies

By leverage assisted, I would think coach means e.g. Galimores and tick tocks

How exactly do they assist in the leverage?

To date I've seen exactly one press from maltese to planche.

However, I've seen a few videos where people train them with feet supported.  I also heard at a seminar once they tried back lever curls, again with feet supported.

I can't really picture a back lever curl without foot support....

Edit: But generally I think it will be flyes and things like that.  Stuff that you can't exactly do while suspended because the leverage is unfavourable.

Maltese press to planche is a D which is same as maltese while inverted cross press to HS is a C (same as inverted cross). Back lever curls can be done unassisted; I've seen it before. I would call what you were referring to as back lever curls with feet supported because I picture them unsupported when you just say back lever curls.

Connor Davies

Maltese press to planche is a D which is same as maltese while inverted cross press to HS is a C (same as inverted cross). Back lever curls can be done unassisted; I've seen it before. I would call what you were referring to as back lever curls with feet supported because I picture them unsupported when you just say back lever curls.

Fair enough with the back lever curls.  Didn't imagine it was possible to hold a lever with your hands in your armpits.  (Oh, I should mention I imagine back lever curls as bicep curls in the back lever position.  Not sure that's entirely accurate....)

How can pelicans and straight arm handstand pushups be rated at the same level as their static positions!?  It must be so much harder to transition out of the hold as it is to hold it, I think that's outrageous....

Fair enough with the back lever curls.  Didn't imagine it was possible to hold a lever with your hands in your armpits.  (Oh, I should mention I imagine back lever curls as bicep curls in the back lever position.  Not sure that's entirely accurate....)

How can pelicans and straight arm handstand pushups be rated at the same level as their static positions!?  It must be so much harder to transition out of the hold as it is to hold it, I think that's outrageous....

There are like 2 variations of back lever curls. One is from back lever to the bottom of a Korean dip or rings dip and the other is from back lever to bent arm planche (the body stays horizontal the whole time).

It's definitely harder to push through the static positions, but apparently they are not seen as hard enough to be in another level of difficulty to the FIG or the guys that make the ratings (?). I remember asking Gregor about if inverted cross press to HS should be a D because an iron cross is a B while a cross pull is a C and he said he believes it is where it should be. So who knows, maybe straight arm HSPUs really aren't that much harder than holding the inverted cross.

Connor Davies

So who knows, maybe straight arm HSPUs really aren't that much harder than holding the inverted cross.

I'll let you know when I get there...  :P

Joshua Slocum

There are like 2 variations of back lever curls. One is from back lever to the bottom of a Korean dip or rings dip and the other is from back lever to bent arm planche (the body stays horizontal the whole time).

It's definitely harder to push through the static positions, but apparently they are not seen as hard enough to be in another level of difficulty to the FIG or the guys that make the ratings (?). I remember asking Gregor about if inverted cross press to HS should be a D because an iron cross is a B while a cross pull is a C and he said he believes it is where it should be. So who knows, maybe straight arm HSPUs really aren't that much harder than holding the inverted cross.

Inverted cross press to handstand was in fact changed to a D in the 2013 revision.

• Upvote 1

By leverage assisted, I would think coach means e.g. Galimores and tick tocks

Isn't galimores just an advanced muscle-up variation?  What's tick tocks?

Tick tocks is when you move back and forth from front lever to back lever with straight arms.

Start front lever move with straight arms through inverted hang and then lower straight arms to back lever then back through inverted hang to front lever. Rinse and repeat

Tick tocks is when you move back and forth from front lever to back lever with straight arms.

Start front lever move with straight arms through inverted hang and then lower straight arms to back lever then back through inverted hang to front lever. Rinse and repeat

Those are called 360 pulls, except you're supposed to go all the way down to dead hang and german hang.

Joakim Andersson

Those are called 360 pulls, except you're supposed to go all the way down to dead hang and german hang.

Tick tocks start in inverted hang and go down to front lever, then over to back lever, back to inverted.

360 pulls start hanging, pull through front lever to inverted, down through back lever to german hang, and back again all the way to straight body hang.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Scott Pelton-Stroud

Okayyyy, so thanks to a couple of recent spoilers and the release of H2, we now have a majority of the GB curriculum! So much excitement!!! (And SO much work to do!)

In __, you will master __:

H1: Freestanding Handstand

H2: Pike Press Handstand

H3: One-Arm Handstand

Foundation: Fundamental 7

Rings: Maltese/Inverted Cross, Elevator (Inverted Muscle-Up), LARS (?)

Movement: ???

Hungarian: ??? (Edit: I predict Floor Circles, Flairs, Circle to Handstand, Russians)

Knowing what it's in store for us is pretty cool. Next month we'll know more about Rings and then it's just Movement. I feel Hungarian is pretty much doing everything we know but in a way that will make us feel like we're beginners.  :lol:

Scott Pelton-Stroud

Hungarian will build off Movement, so will surely be something dynamic, probably including Floor Circles (and maybe Flairs & Circle to Handstands, IMO).

I remember hearing Coach Sommer say something like "Everyone is so excited for Hungarian... until they try it  :icon_twisted: ". Pommel Horse-style moves seem to fit the bill nicely.

I'm still naively wishing that flips & handsprings will be in Movement, though.