Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Protein Powder and Fish Oil Capsules

ryantherobot

This thread seems a bit old, but I think my question falls reasonably close with-in the original topic.

I was thinking about how to adapt and create a good diet, for when you are away from home (read: job, studying or what gets you more than five minutes away from the kitchen). Obviously the best diet is easiest to maintain, when you are able to prepare the meal just before serving. However that is not an option for every meal. From personal experience I have noted, that most often, the bring along choice for the day: sandwich, bread with topping, snacks etc is not really very healthy, or the healthy alternative is often very expensive.

Since I am under a tight budget I was thinking that an option could be: Whey, Vegetables, Fruit, Seeds and Nuts, maybe a salad with olive oil.

Obviously salad is a good way to combine things, however they are most often low in protein and calories, which means that for my appetite I would have bring along a bag, not very practical or economic.

I am an anxious to hear how you tackle the problems of everyday life.

I can take hard boiled eggs to work and typically keep milk at work but quite often in town I can find a small convenience store or gas station to find milk.

That could be a way to go. You wouldn't suggest protein powder? Should I be looking for a special kind of powder or is whey good enough for basic protein-supplementing, and if it isn't in the right amino-acid-combination what could be a good supplement to get a full spectrum of protein? Normally I would go for real food all the time - I have tried power once, but I thinking that might be the second best choice when operating on a budget and when you are getting the fruit and veggies required.

That was a lot of questions, one takes the other.

all animal proteins are full spectrum (no amino acids is missing)!

You can go with whey it's very cheap.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.