Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tucked planche and handstand practise. How to incorporate this in a weightlifting shedule?

Thesecondname

Thesecondname

Hi.

I have been doing push exercises on wednesdays and saturdays.

Bench Press, Overhead Press, Incline Press and One Arm pushups (still elevated one arm pushups, but working on them and try to use different skills to improve them)

I want to learn the Planche and Handstand as well. But I don't now when and where I can practise/train these skills in my regular shedule? If I try them at the end of my workout on wednesday/saturday, I can't even raise my legs in a tucked position due to the previous lifts (I am almost burned out)... and if I train them on other days (which are my pull and lowerbody + core days) It will decrease my recovery too much and can't recover properly.

So, on which days should I train those 2 skills?

Mon: Lowerbody
Tue: Pull + core work
Wed: Push
Tue : Lowerbody + core work
Fri : Pull (heavy)
Sat: Push + core work

I alternate between heavy days (3-8 reps) and volume days (10-20 rep sets)

Karri Kytömaa

Seems you pretty much answered your own question. If you can't train them on other days (cutting in recovery) or can't train them after push elements due exhaustion, you must train them before your pushing work and reduce the intensity/volume in your current push work.

I'd suggest taking very slow approach towards  them, take it to your warm up according to SSC (steady state cycle) principles and you likely won't injure yourself with overtraining.

Alexey V. Sunly

It all depends on the phase of your training, your goals and the levels of conditioning/skill you already poses. You could, for instance, include planche and handstand training right after one maximum set of corresponding lifting exrecise (like chest or shoulder press). It's easy to give you a general pointer, but if you want a program designed that will get you to your goals, it takes knowledge, analysis, time and costs money consequently. Asking such general questions will not get you far in your training, and looking for specifics from fellow trainees is like asking the blind to lead the blind. You might do fine for a bit and stumble a lot, and consequently might even get run over by a car, or maybe not. Basically, you are leaving it all up to luck. So, good luck! :-)