This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted Lunge vs Single Leg Squat

Started by Alan Tseng, December 23, 2013 · 101 Replies · 6,374 Views

Jon Douglas
Murray Truelove said:

This might be a stupid question but I've been wondering ever since I saw the split squat, how do the athletes get the bar on their back? Do they just dead lift/overhead press the weight?

Unsure; I have just been holding dumbbells by my side. Needless to say this + SL pull work has improved my grip tremendously.

 

Plus just realised I get an extra next-to-bodyweight deadlift each set :)

OMGpumas
Jon Douglas said:

Unsure; I have just been holding dumbbells by my side. Needless to say this + SL pull work has improved my grip tremendously.

 

Plus just realised I get an extra next-to-bodyweight deadlift each set :)

I've been doing the same -- I like the added grip strength and trapezius loading, and as Jon says, the deadlifting at the start of each set doesn't hurt!