Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strength training everyday?

Katharina Huemer

Katharina Huemer

As i already posted in another topic, i want to be able to do 20 hanging les raises all the way up to the bar (i can do 12 to vertical at the moment) and climb a 12 ft rope without legs ( currently 2 pull ups, 4 chin ups and 30 push ups)

I planned to train everyday:

10 min abs (v-ups, planks, crunches), 3x12 leg raises to 90degrees, 3x12 hanging knee raises

3 x 20 push-ups, climb the rope 3 times as high as possible, do as many pull ups on the rope as possible

Of course I eat well, do cardio, acrobatics and sleep a lot.

Is this a good plan? I would really like to workout everyday, because if I don't do things regulary, I am so prone to quit! But I am scared that it will be bad for my strenghth increase. Any tips?

Marios Roussos

As i already posted in another topic, i want to be able to do 20 hanging les raises all the way up to the bar (i can do 12 to vertical at the moment) and climb a 12 ft rope without legs ( currently 2 pull ups, 4 chin ups and 30 push ups)

10 min abs (v-ups, planks, crunches), 3x12 leg raises to 90degrees, 3x12 hanging knee raises

3 x 20 push-ups, climb the rope 3 times as high as possible, do as many pull ups on the rope as possible

Is this a good plan? I would really like to workout everyday, because if I don't do things regulary, I am so prone to quit! But I am scared that it will be bad for my strenghth increase. Any tips?

Maybe you keep quitting because you try to train every day. Here's a tip: Find a program that is designed by someone who knows what they're doing, and stick to that alone. Nothing more and nothing less. Many of us have found that in Coach Sommer so we're always going to push his material. If his program is not for you, I suggest you keep looking for someone, because from what I can tell, you're not very confident in your own ability to design a program and are therefore destined to keep quitting.

Good luck. 

As suggested in a previous post you should look into buying Foundation 1 and/or 2 as following along with Coaches programming will eventually get you to your aforementioned goals. If you aren't interested in anything except for 20 reps of HLR and 12' RC ( I would recommend 20' RC if you can) then you can tackle these two skills fairly simply. I would work these skills specifically. For the HLR try to increase by one rep each workout or if not, try to finish the same reps in a less amount of time, as long as you aim to increase a parameter in your workout it's fine. For rope climbs I would aim to increase the width of my hands as I progress with it; I would also descend down the rope with control as well. I would also add front lever work as i feel they would have good carry over effect to those two skills. I'm not a beast by any measure but from my own personal experience I've gotten to the point where I could do HLR's for reps(3-4) on my stall bars without any specific work, as well as L-sits for 30 secs by the time i could hold a just a 15 sec advanced tuck FL.

-First I wouldn't train these more than 3x per week as it is wiser to provide adequate rest times for yourself.

-Second, make sure you give yourself a deload week perhaps every 3rd or 4th week or even every 3rd or 4th workout; to keep it simple just cut volume by half.

-Finally, increase the volume/intensity or density of your work sets each workout.

• 2 weeks later...

as for training every day, I used to do that but overtraining led me to reach a plateau and to lose some strength. Rest at least 1 day a week  :)