Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement Series Release

Mitchell Rabushka

Jennifer Rodriguez

I have a question a little out of the topic :

Why is the Hungarian series called  "Hungarian" ? 

Just curious :)

I thought I was clear in the other thread.   It's a kind of chicken paprika dish.   :D

• Upvote 1

Scott Pelton-Stroud

I have a question a little out of the topic :

Why is the Hungarian series called  "Hungarian" ? 

Just curious :)

From a post by Coach on TNation in 2005:

"For heart health/cardio in addition to active flexibility/static strength, as well as upper and lower body plyometric development, I use an integrated program which I call "Hungarian" simply because years ago I learned the basic framework of it from a Hungarian coach."

• Upvote 3

Colin Macdonald

apparently not.

This makes me simultaneously annoyed (because I don't have a ton of time to add/extend workouts) and happy at the same time.  :P

Scott Pelton-Stroud

I am so excited for M1, being something that I can actually do (no-preqs). Also, I need some serious help in the power department, which seems to be the goal of Movement (dynamic strength). So I am rather hopeful that there will be simple integration with F1/H1!

Scott Pelton-Stroud

Also, Hungarian sounds like the coolest thing ever. Since Movement seems to lead up to Hungarian, Movement is clearly preparation for the coolest thing ever.

Coach Sommer on Hungarian:

It does not require any special equipment to perform and can be done pretty much anywhere upto and including outside on the grass. The training components include elements designed to develop a wide range of physiological adaptations necessary to successfully master ones' own bodyweight. 

In no particular order, these include movements designed to increase: 
1) upper body plyometric capability, 
2) lower body plyometric capability, 
3) active flexibility throughout the entire body with special emphasis on injury prevention/prehab work for the shoulder girdle, wrists, hips/low back and knees 
4) rotational strength & flexibility 
4) static flexibility 
5) basic static strength positions 
6) basic handstand and press handstand development 
7) extreme core and lower back strength 
8) The list goes on, but I'm sure that you begin to get the picture. 

Is it effective? Well, I just recently came home from the US Junior National Championships with the youngest medalist in USA Gymnastics history. At ten years old (actually he just turned 10 in March), he narrowly missed winning the National Championship on Floor by .025. He was also 8th on Parallel Bars and 19th on Vault. And this is competing against athletes in his level who were up to 3 and 4 years older than him and have been on National Team for a number of years. 

Former US, Chinese and Russian Olympic/World Champions, as well as current high level coaches, were all astounded at his level of strength, explosiveness and flexibility as well as his degree of technical refinement . . . all of which is due in part to the Hungarian having been an important component of his physical preparation for years. 

• Upvote 1

Glen Eames

20 more days!!! (Till spring.  So we know in three weeks we will all own M1)

Andrew Long

It really is going to be a last day release isn't it :P I hadn't thought about it for a while now but movement is something I could add into my training now unlike rings. I have felt my explosive power drop considerably so hopefully this will help bring it bCk a bit.

Daniel Burnham

Personally I think movement will be one of the best releases. The past few have been phenomenal and better than other competitors. The movement series doesn't really have any competition though. There is very little information on the type of training we will be seeing.

I've only seen a few if the exercises that will be released in top gymnastic facilities. The guys at woga blow my mind during vault conditioning. There is no doubt in my mind this is where most gains over traditional strength training will be made.

• Upvote 10

Merunas Astrauskas

why are you making us all the more excited? GymnasticBodies: stretching the boundaries of patience

• Upvote 5

Alexander Egebak

The only thing I would imagine would come close to movement is globalbodyweighttraining.com's animal flow training, but that does not include much plyometric work

Merunas Astrauskas

Ido Portal too, but that's way more expensive (and he is a student of Coach Sommer )

Colin Macdonald

why are you making us all the more excited?

You're excited now, lets wait and see how we feel when we need to do PE1 5x100 clapping push ups and 5x60 depth jumps.  :D

• Upvote 2

Biren Patel

I am taking bets now on the M1 release date. The person who calls it correct wins a lifetime supply of nature's jelly beans, courtesy of Joshua Naterman. I am sure that almost no one will get that joke's extremely obscure forum reference, but that's ok.

I am guessing Friday, June 13, 2014. Afternoon release.

• Upvote 1