Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Block walks

Bruno Cochofel

Bruno Cochofel

Hi, yesterday I've tried for the first time this drill and I guess is way out of my league for now :-)

Is there any drill so I can start doing to improve my weight shift so I can then work on block walks?

Bruno Cochofel

How are you with regular handstand walks and freestanding handstand pushups?

not that good.. I want to start training that, both things, and also block walks.. I thought that block walks was the easiest to start with :-) 

Does anyone have any tips on how to balance on the blocks? I am working through H1 and can hold solid 20 sec HS, but cannot come anywhere near this on the blocks. In a normal HS you use the fingers to control balance, however that is harder to do ne the blocks.

Timothy Aiken

To Bruno, I would love to be doing block walks myself, however we are in the same boat of being unprepared to do them correctly. They are a prerequisite to the OAHS, which is not something we should be busying ourselves with just yet. Work handstand shrugs, while keeping alignment (Digital Coaching thread? :)). Once you're there then go ahead and do work. At least that's the track I plan to take, maybe Handbalancer or Yuri have better suggestions.

To Fit-Bull90, how do you grip them? I found that on blocks for me, the grip is very important. With blocks you can control underbalance as well as overbalance with the fingertips, as you are able to grip the block on the front end. I use two (sometimes three) fingers forward for handstands, and one finger forward for crocodiles. Once you get comfy with one, varying them makes for a fun challenge.