Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A bundle of questions

Shady_Jester

Hi guys, gonna be quick here.

I lost a lot of weight. I was over 200 lbs, but I dropped to around 175 and I'm 6' 1". I'm skinny-fat. I have fat around the hips, but I can see my 4-pack.

Anyways, I wanted to ask you would F1 and H1 be good for me to develop a nice phisique and also strength?

So, I'm 16 (for a month and a half 17), 175 lbs, around 17% bodyfat and 6' 1". So you would say I'm average.

I would like to buy F1 and H1. Now, I noticed there is 30 days money-back gurantee. So, should I expect some good results in these 4 weeks?

I also did some bodyweight after my 4 months running. I got from overweight to kinda average (I say kinda because you can still see my hips - cause I've got fat around them). 

So, what workout scheldue would be the best for me if I buy F1 and H1 (for a 16 yo with previously mentioned dimensions) and what would you recommend me to read on nutrition and that stuff. I read a lot of articles on that and I think I'm very very well informed.

So, is this a good plan, and when can I expect to look like this guy(s) :

http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/53/52395/blog-0355087001360128160.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146226/2859857-hitman_agent_47.jpg

If I had to choose real life, I would choose Brad from Fight Club :

http://www.averagemarrieddad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Brad-Pitt-fight-club-body.jpg

So, how long would it take me to look like that and what should I read and what can I expect in this one month?

Also, I'm gonna run every day (2 days interval, other jog), would it help me get more defined and muscular, and most importantly, stronger?

Thanks a lot!

LOL, nice try, troll.

And in case you're not a troll, you'll have to come up with a slightly more believable / less socially awkward introduction.

/2 cent.

LOL, nice try, troll.

And in case you're not a troll, you'll have to come up with a slightly more believable / less socially awkward introduction.

/2 cent.

I'm not, I just think that it's easier to achieve the Splinter Cell bulky/musculant style look, than the Brad Pitt look.

OP: you won't see many changes after a month. Perhaps some minor cosmetic improvements and strength gains. Significant body changes take years to accomplish, or full-time effort. 

:facepalm:

Citation needed. I can find no authoritative sources or journal publications that back up this statement. 

Perhaps an n=1 experience - First hand, so to speak?

I seem to remember that ChaosAndPain blog arguing very significant T improvements from what he describes as his 'regime'. Say what you like about the guy, he does do his research well.

(No euphemism intended)

I'm not, I just think that it's easier to achieve the Splinter Cell bulky/musculant style look, than the Brad Pitt look.

No offense, but of the three role models you just chose, two are entirely fictional, and the third is, well, Hollywood. It appears mildly creepy, to me anyway, that you have such unrealistic role models from a couple of ultra violent games. You are not CGI, my friend.

Why don't you have a reality check, and check out some gymnasts on youtube instead, for a more realistic impression of what can be achieved with this training method?

No offense, but of the three role models you just chose, two are entirely fictional, and the third is, well, Hollywood. It appears mildly creepy, to me anyway, that you have such unrealistic role models from a couple of ultra violent games. You are not CGI, my friend.

Why don't you have a reality check, and check out some gymnasts on youtube instead, for a more realistic impression of what can be achieved with this training method?

Yea, I know. That's why you probably tought I trolled.

I'll try to eat healthy (I know to avoid junk etc, but if I eat junk, I'll try to minimize it). I'll try to stick to 4 days a week for F1 and 2 days a week H1 (my friend recommended me to stick like that, he owns F1 and rec. it to me). Just to ask, if I can't exercise on Friday, can I then exercise that same exercise on Sunday. Actually can I rescheldue my exercises?

Look, the thing is, I was fat before. Like, a lot. I lost weight, but now I want to get "tighter". Now I'm in the phase where I'm just nagging everything, cause I've been running for 3 and half months and doing bodyweight for 6 weeks (with running), but I just didn't lose the hip fat, so hips kinda pop out of my shirt.

So, can I expect (if I'm regular) to lose this fat, get stronger and get more defined?

Also, what results could I get by begging of March 2014 (that is going to be a year anniversary from my workout start)?

So, should I buy these two programs, is my program allright (F1 + H1 + running every day (min. 2 days interval + others just jogging or lightly running)).

So, I want to be able to do the handstand, L-sit, pistol, but I also want to look better (no hip fat).

Hope you respond and tell a 16 yo couple of advices (maybe even some motivation), so that I carry this on for at least a month.

I'm posting my pics now. As you can see, I'm no longer overweight (I had a large large hips and a large large belly), but I still have some hip fat. You can see my 4-pack.

http://imgur.com/amaFCFZ

http://imgur.com/b0D5BPq

http://imgur.com/gcd5iq9

http://imgur.com/10iPCuO

http://imgur.com/7qLU6HG

http://imgur.com/hCPKZkO

Before (I was younger then, but I was overweight all my life till now):

http://imgur.com/IJASU4L

What do I need to know about nutrition and fitness? Since I still live with my parents, I have to eat what they cook, I can only (sometimes, cause they say I eat too much and I'll get cholesterol) eat eggs for breakfast, lunch is made by them and dinner is mostly leftovers from lunch.

So, just tell me some general guidelines to stick to, maybe even some motivation, I really need your help guys, I'm kinda depressed that I'm not athleticly built yet (low body fat; not musculant but athletic).

As for the conrete question, should I do 10 negative pullups after each workout day or not? When I was exercising for 6 weeks, I hadn't had a pullup bar, but I did cobras (from Mike Chang's video for GQ magazine).

So, these are my questions. Are F1 + H1 + running enogh, or should I add these 10 negatives, is my progress so far good (I haven't minded the nutrition pretty much, I just stopped drinking soda (mostly) and eating a lot of sweets, but there are days even today when I eat a lot of sweets - like yesterday). As for the "final" weight, I think I should aim around 180 pounds (maybe slightly less), since I'm 6' 1", so that I'm strong and musculant, but not too strong and that I can run a mile in less than 6 mins (I just don't want too much muscle on me). I now run 6:28. Before, I ran 9:45 or 10:45. Not sure.

So, will you please tell me what to do? Also, I tried getting into the tripod (my friend has H1), can you give me some tips how to get into the tripod position?

All I want to actually do is to do stuff like pistols and handstands and L-sits on the floor, so I can show it off at P.E., so that everyone is impressed. The only friend who can do a handstand is a gymnast (who trained for 7 years). So, I think when I get to that strength level, my body will also be beter visually.

Thanks!

Ok, sorry for the trolling comment, you seem legit.

I think you've got a pretty good base to start from. If you do F1 5x/week and H1 2-3x/week, and also go for a couple of runs (like one session would be sprinting, the other a longer distance run), AND simultaneously cut out the sweets and sodas, I almost guarantee that you'll be in good shape in a year. With that amount of activity + the metabolism of a sixteen year old, there is no way you'll still be skinny fat in that time frame, that is, IF you're able to cut out the sugary stuff.

I personally prefer to go for five F1 session per week, and then fitting them in on the days that I have time, i.e. not really any fixed days. Makes it much easier for me to consistently put in the work.

Check out the nutrition section of this forum, in particular the stickies, they'll help you go a long way.

Connor Davies

F1 4 days a week plus H1 2 days a week is what I do, and it works well for me.  Maybe add in a long distance run on the saturdays.

Cleaning up your physique is mostly about diet, but F1 will work wonders for you.  Don't worry about adding in any extra training just yet.  If F1 is too easy for you, it won't be soon enough, I can guarantee it.

So, should I read the stickies, try not to eat junk (avoid sweets and stuff like white bread) and exercise and run?

Is that it?

Also, could you objectivly tell me have I done good progress and how do I look like now?

I would do F1 4 days a week and H1 two days a week.

Also, could I start F1 and then like after a month get H1?

Also, just (if you can) give me a few motivational words. Just so I can push myself to embarg into a new traning journey.

Connor Davies

What do I need to know about nutrition and fitness? Since I still live with my parents, I have to eat what they cook, I can only (sometimes, cause they say I eat too much and I'll get cholesterol) eat eggs for breakfast.....

Just noticed this.  Read this, but to summarise eating cholesterol doesn't give you cholesterol.  Only excess carbs causes cholesterol.  https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11798-egg-yolks-goodbad/

So, should I read the stickies, try not to eat junk (avoid sweets and stuff like white bread) and exercise and run?

Is that it?

Also, could you objectivly tell me have I done good progress and how do I look like now?

I would do F1 4 days a week and H1 two days a week.

Also, could I start F1 and then like after a month get H1?

Also, just (if you can) give me a few motivational words. Just so I can push myself to embarg into a new traning journey.

Don't just read the stickies, read everything.  There's so many little gems around this place.  I first came here because my google searches kept turning up old threads that were literally the only thing on the internet answering my questions.

There's no rush to start H1.  It's amazing and well worth getting, but it's totally fine to start with just F1.  But you will need it by the time you get to F4.

Don't be so eager to seek external motivation/approval.  I can understand why you would, it's powerful stuff, but you don't need it.  The only person you should be comparing yourself to is the past version of yourself.  Soon you'll be looking forward to all the cool stuff you want to do, and that's where the real motivation comes from.  Once you look at a human flag and think "I'll never do that unless I clean my diet up and work really hard" well, there's all the motivation you need to keep on track.  And one you're actually doing it.....  I recommend checking out the gymnastics bodies youtube channel if you want to see some insane stuff.

Well, I got a bit preachy there, but the point is you're doing fine.  Keep up the good work.

Just noticed this.  Read this, but to summarise eating cholesterol doesn't give you cholesterol.  Only excess carbs causes cholesterol.  https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11798-egg-yolks-goodbad/

Don't just read the stickies, read everything.  There's so many little gems around this place.  I first came here because my google searches kept turning up old threads that were literally the only thing on the internet answering my questions.

There's no rush to start H1.  It's amazing and well worth getting, but it's totally fine to start with just F1.  But you will need it by the time you get to F4.

Don't be so eager to seek external motivation/approval.  I can understand why you would, it's powerful stuff, but you don't need it.  The only person you should be comparing yourself to is the past version of yourself.  Soon you'll be looking forward to all the cool stuff you want to do, and that's where the real motivation comes from.  Once you look at a human flag and think "I'll never do that unless I clean my diet up and work really hard" well, there's all the motivation you need to keep on track.  And one you're actually doing it.....  I recommend checking out the gymnastics bodies youtube channel if you want to see some insane stuff.

Well, I got a bit preachy there, but the point is you're doing fine.  Keep up the good work.

OK, so the principle is basic : Eliminate junk, eat clean (as much as I can) and don't skip workouts. When able, buy H1 and do H1. Got it.

I just wanted to ask how am I doing, and this post has motivated me; You said I'm doing good, but I shouldn't stop now. I'm not overweight anymore; but I'm not strong either. Now, I will continue working my cardiovascular endurance (with 30 mins running, on rest days maybe even 45), but build my strength with F1 (which I'm going to buy).

I just tought that in a month I would be able to get fast results. But nothing works that way. Hope that I will by the beggining of March (my anniversary) I will have more definition, more size (in muscles) and strength.

I regret I haven't patricipated in physical activity for 16 years (till March 2013.).

See you and farewell!