Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tuck Planche Help

Jeff Walker

When I do the Tuck and AT Planche, I feel like my butt needs to get higher.  Are there any drills that can help build this strength? 

You feel like it, or you know it needs to be? There's a big difference.

Hips should be level with your shoulders. If you can't do this. The progression you're working is most likely too hard.

The easiest way to get into a tuck planche with correct form is squat down on to your toes, put your hands on the ground, and lean forward on to your hands.

If you can't do that with proper form, then go back to planche leans and you could also do a light band assisted tuck planche.

ForzaCavaliere

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that training straight arm press to handstands would help big time. 

If you can't do them, I might work on them first. 

^ Educated guess.

Douglas Wadle

Are you doing them on the ground or on parallettes?  For me, training on parallettes is easier and then once i have the feel and strength i transition to the floor and work them there.  If you can't do them on parallettes you might try tuck planch push ups and pseudo planche pushups to build strength.

If you can't do them on parallettes you might try tuck planch push ups and pseudo planche pushups to build strength.

If he can't even hold a tuck planche then he won't be able to do tuck planche push-ups either. I would suggest to work more on planche leans or stick with the low tuck planche holds to build more strength until he can raise them to horizontal.

If your hips aren't high enough, that's usually due to not leaning into your tuck planche. If you try to balance/lift, your hips will want to drop, making you think something is wrong. But really you need to lean more forward, which requires a surprisingly greater amount of strength.

ForzaCavaliere

^Which reminds me, my initial post regarding straight arm press to handstand was quite misleading, maybe. 

I read that the planche is supposed to be a lean, not so much as lifting the hips but leaning the torso over the hands. 

Have you read this post yet (?) : 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/