This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

LANEY'S WORK OUT LOG

Started by Laney, March 2, 2009 · 81 Replies · 5,686 Views

Laney

First day back after a four day rest period. Body feels good and have lots of energy. Couldn't do the GB WOD due to not being at the right facility, so I did "Cindy" in my garage:

20 minutes for rounds:

5 Pullups

10 Pushups

15 Squats

PR=14 rounds plus 10 pushups (almost 15!)

Thanks to the folks who voted for me! Looks like I've got some tough competition, but I'm gonna try to pull put a win!

:D:D:D

Back on the GB WODs next week!

Laney

GB WOD:

Perform-

3x5 SLS- 8kg/18# KB

3x5 Natural Leg Curls

Finish with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

Also did some muscle up strength training:

False Grip Pullups 3x4

Ring Dips 3x4

Band Assisted MU 3x4

And Handstand Press Training:

Headstand Pike Press 2x5

Headstand Straddle Press 2x5

Here's my last set of SLS on my left leg, which oddly enough is my weaker leg for this exercise, it is usually my stronger jumping leg...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgv4A5joWI8

Laney

Today I did a CrossFit wod, some backbend kickover practice, and I went to a Parkour open gym and practiced some Parkour skills.. Fun stuff!

"Annie"

50-40-30-20-10 reps of

Double Unders

Sit-Ups

11:28

Better than my last time, but still pretty slow.. Messed up too many times with the double unders.

16 reps of backbend kickovers (8 each side) with feet landing elevated on stacked panel mats.. Lowered the mats with each rep, down to 2 panels.

Parkour skills:

Precision Jumps- from 1 ft high to 4 ft high

Lazy Vaults

Speed Vaults

Wall Runs- 7 ft wall, got it! :D

Rail balancing and walking (walked twice across a 20 ft rail, about 3 ft high)

Rope Climb x2 (the rope had knots in it about every 1.5 ft so I was able to do NO FEET for about 5 grips! Never done that before!) :D

Brandon

the voting is ridiculously close! you must be getting anxious :)

Laney
Brandon said:
the voting is ridiculously close! you must be getting anxious :)

YES! EXTREMELY :!: :!: :mrgreen:

Laney

Well, it's the last day for the voting and I am down by 3 votes... Pretty bummed..

Did the posted WOD from yesterday today with my CrossFit Portland training crew :D Thanks for all your support guys!!

Complete four rounds:

1 minute Wall Runs (I was SUPER stoked that I was actually able to do this for the full minute every round!! Form isn't that great but so much stronger!)

10 Korean Dips (I did 8 each round, also MUCH stronger than the last wod with korean dips.)

20' Arch/Hollow Snaps (Always nervous about the sciatic pain with this one, but did not feel it this time :D )

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Then went to gymnastics class tonight, worked a lot of BASICS, which was great:

Pullovers x5

Arch/Hollow Swings

Leg Lifts

P-Bar Handstands x10 (actually held one by myself for about 4 seconds, progress!)

Various trampoline skills..

Support holds on rings 3x10

Inverted hang to back lever attempt x3

Video: Wall Runs-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYCudLO13V8

Brandon

Well if you don't win it's not all bad. At least you already have a gymnastics class that you can go to and receive professional instruction