This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

LANEY'S WORK OUT LOG

Started by Laney, March 2, 2009 · 81 Replies · 5,686 Views

Laney

GB WOD:

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

(40, 42, 32, 30, 23, 20, 25 seconds)

rest 3-5 minutes

2x6 Wall Pike Press HS

(1x6 Pike Negatives, 1x6 Straddle Negatives)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Jumping Muscle Ups x3

Muscle Up Attempts x3

"Dip Cindy"

5 Ring Dips

10 Pullups

15 Squats

20 minutes for rounds: 5 rounds+ 7 pullups

Stretching & Rolling

Today I felt super weak and heavy.. Very frustrating. I was going to do Cindy but then when my muscle up attempts were so bad (due in part to the rips on my wrists) I got mad and decided I needed to do a "Dip Cindy", going all the way down to the sticky spot EVERY time. And it sucked. Hopefully I put some good stuff in my strength bank.

Laney

My WOD:

(Stairs were done on Stepmill)

For Time: 19:46

10 Burpees

25 Floors

15 Burpees

20 Floors

20 Burpees

15 Floors

25 Burpees

10 Floors

Abs:

20 V-Ups

20 Lemon Squeezes

20 Side Arches (each side)

40 Russian Twists

40 Arch-Ups

Stretching and Rolling

Justin Rawley

cool blog, I'd not seen it before.

Laney

Hey Thanks!

Laney

Holy Painstorm!

1st WOD:

7 rounds for time-

Run 200 meters

15 Jump Squats

10 L-Pullups

10 Divebomber Pushups

34:38

*For my pullups I did 2 real L-Pullups in the first round then switched to Leglift-Pullup (basically just doing a leglift and then a pullup each rep) for rounds 1, 3 & 5. Rounds 2,4,6 & 7 were regular kipping pullups.

Later in the day: (maybe it wasn't such a good idea to do that first WOD)

GB (2nd) WOD-

Complete four rounds:

1 minute Wall HS

15 Swinging Dips (these were super hard and ugly)

20' L-sit Walk (even though Coach Sommer said not to substitute anything for these, they are not physically possible at this point for me so I did 20 seconds of L-Sit Hold each round)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Blairbob

Laney, I'm pretty sure butt scoots ( sit in L, push up and forward or backward back to sitting ) are probably going to be one of the first progressions in L-sit walks. It's what I have to do when I'm too tired to walk in L with parallettes or on PB.

Laney

Okay thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the next time. I was having trouble simply getting in an L on the ground, but I will work on it. :D

Laney

GB WOD-

Perform:

3 sets of Muscle Up - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to Back Lever - pull out to Front Lever - Muscle Up - Bulgarian Dip - roll backward to Back Lever - pull out to Front Lever.

3x5 Body Levers

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions

HOLY CRAP. That was a hard ring series. I was able to go through each move continuously with a spotter. The only move that I didn't need the spot for was the bulgarian dip, all the rest I needed a little support getting from one to the next and going to the right spot in the levers. It was interesting doing the whole series. This was the first time that I haven't broken up the series into each separate exercise and it was super hard, even with a spotter. The backward roll into back lever (tucked for me) was sort of scary to do while I felt my grip getting weaker. Plus I didn't quite "get" the bending of the elbows to slowly lower myself back. Check out set #2: (I realize my hands somehow ended up pointing the wrong direction in my back lever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Q6H3isWmE

Justin Rawley

Good stuff; really nice work.

Blairbob

As for the BL, either grip is fine. Palms down tends to be more stressful on the elbows and I feel a lot tighter this way than palms up like a skin the cat.

You might want to try to hit the 90 degree angles in the bulgarian dips. Get those elbows out versus behind. Yeah, I know they are tough.

Laney

GB WOD-

Complete 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded Back Lever + 3 assisted OAC

(tucked BL) + 3 Rope assisted OAC (One Arm Chinup)

1 Embedded Planche + 5 elevated HeSPUs

(frogstand) + 5 elevated (about 1.5 inches) HeSPUs (couldn't do 5 in a row but was stoked with the elevation!)

1 Embedded Front Lever + 5 L-sit Lifts

(tucked FL) + 5 L-sit Lifts (using parallettes)

Finish with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

(still can't go all the way down, mostly for fear of falling on my head)

HeDSPUs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sbbo7-W4Ac

OAC w/ rope assist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiKVRotgdQE

Laney

I couldn't do the GB WOD today since I am not able to go anywhere where there is a rope. Instead of Cirques I want to just do a regular rope climb, so I am going to save this workout for the next time I am in the gymnastics arena and can use the rope. Here's what I did instead:

My WOD:

50 KB Swings- 16kg

50 KB Snatched- 16kg (25 each arm)

50 KB Clean & Press- 12kg (25 each side)

50 Double Unders

50 Box Jumps (24 inches)

50 V-Ups

50 Arch Ups

For Time: 23:58

I warmed up with some TGUs.. Haven't done those in a while so it felt good- it's such a unique movement.

Laney

GB WOD:

Perform:

3x5 SLS (plus 15# medicine ball)

3x5 Single Leg Archups (used a GHD)- right leg is definitely weaker on these!

Finish with 3x10 Hip Extensions

4x10 GHD Situps

RCF WOD:

4 Rounds for time- 16:25

15 KB Thrusters (12kg)

15 Pullups

15 KB Swings (16kg)

Laney

Perform:

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Just when I thought that I would end up on the wall for this workout, I was pleasantly surprised that I have made enough strength gains to complete it pretty much as rx'd. The last XR strap HS WOD that I did was BRUTAL. It took me over an hour to accumulate just under 7 minutes of being in the handstand. I was able to hold each attempt for about 37-45 seconds, but I needed several minutes of recovery in between attempts. This time was much different. I needed some spotting getting up into the handstand but I was able to complete each of the 12 cycles with the prescribed amount of rest (give or take a few seconds on the first few attempts). Today I saw and felt how much stronger I am now compared to just a few weeks ago. Awesome.

This is obviously the tale end of one of the reps. I know that my hands are not turned out- not there yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cLo1dWPqis

Blairbob

I, too was surprised myself that I hit all the target 30s holds ( by count not by clock, couldn't see it ) each round with the short rest periods. First 6 I did with legs inside the straps and last 6 legs outside the strap. I noticed a difference when I tried on round 8 or 9 to go back on the inside and it wasn't happening and arms started to bend. By the end, there was no ring turnout but struggling to keep the shoulder pushed out and elbows straight but the 1st one might have had ring turnout to parallel.

I was fearing this one going in but it wasn't bad.

Ortprod

So strong. Good stuff Laney!

Laney

Complete four rounds:

10 Hopping HeSPUs (not very good at these)

40' Senders

30 seconds of Arch/Hollow Snaps (I thought these would hurt my back and sciatic nerve, but as long as I focused on my deep ab muscles, it was alright.. these are hard!)

Laney

I spent the weekend playing ultimate frisbee again so I was totally fried on Monday. I got a massage instead of doing a WOD :D Tomorrow I will do Monday's WOD. Did the WOD today and it was tough:

Complete four rounds:

30 Bucket Circles (switched directions each time)

20 Wheels (rounds 1 & 2= 20 clapping pushups, rounds 3 & 4= 20 Wheels on knees)

30' Ag Walks (I hate these)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

My bucket circles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y4lGxUMzBE

VOTE FOR ME! :lol::lol::lol:

Ortprod

Nice circles Laney! Best of luck!

Laney

Did Monday's WOD on Wednesday:

Perform 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL (tuck) + 5 XR Bulgarian Rows

1 Embedded PL (Frogstand) + 5 XR Bulgarian Pushups

1 Embedded FL (tuck) + 4 Circular HLL (just did leg-lifts)

30-20-10

Arch-Ups

V-Ups

Plus Gymnastics Class:

Cartwheels x10

Round Offs x10+

Front HS onto port-a-pit x10+

Front Tuck practice on mini-tramp into pit/mat x10+

Pullovers x3

Beam QM forward and backward

Rail QM Balance

Rope Climb x1

Laney

IMG_2636.JPG

GB WOD-

Perform the following:

3x5 Weighted Box Jumps (28 inches, 17# weight vest)

3x5 Half GHR (band assisted, these are brutal on the hammys)

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of your most challenging straddle L variation.

(straddle L hold, 7 sets of 10 seconds on parallettes, legs were not up very high as you can see in the picture)

Helen-

3 Rounds for time:

Run 400 meters

21 KB Swings (16kg)

12 Pullups

PR=11:25

Justin Rawley

congrats on that PR, keep it up.

Laney
congrats on that PR, keep it up.

Thanks!! :D

Perform:

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs (5 minutes total, sets of 30-38 seconds, SUPER HARD) :?

rest 5 minutes

2x6 Wall Pike Press HS (2x6 Straddle Negatives)

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Spend 10 minutes performing HS Wall runs. Time spent resting DOES NOT count toward the 10 minute total. Ideally the 10 minutes of HS Wall Runs should be performed in a single set. (UM, YEAH RIGHT..)

2) Rest as necessary, but strive to keep rest to an absolute minimum. (HAD TO REST A LOT.)

3) Alternate one straight arm repetition and one 90 degree bent arm repetition during the Wall Pike Press HS sets.

ALSO:

Ran 5 sets of stairs = 1,010 steps

Stretch

Laney

Yesterday was the nicest day of the year (before today!) here in Portland so I got outside to practice some Parkour skills :D .. It was super fun and I was stoked to make a wall run that was at least 6 feet high (maybe a little more) which doesn't seem that high, but I have never done wall runs outside before. We also worked on precision jumps and vaults. Then we did a workout consisting of quadrupedal movement, burpees, plank holds, and squat holds... fun stuff!

Today I went to the gym to do the GB WOD with the guys and made it half way through the first round when I totally tweaked my neck and left shoulder.. Some sort of angry muscle spasm :x that I have never experienced before, and it sucked. I could not go any further with the workout, and as the day has gone on it has gotten tighter and tighter. I will be taking the rest of the week off (maybe I will be able to train on Friday) due to this and another reason which I will not go into (a non-invasive medical procedure). Nothing like a forced rest period! I suppose I need it :?

Hope to meet some of you at the GB Seminar!! Vote for me!!

Justin Rawley

You've done a super job and made great improvements. All the best and a speedy recovery.