Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist pain

dan77

I have noticed for maybe 2 weeks now some wristpain in my left wrist, the pinky side somewhere around that bony lump on the wrist, feels especially when doing BL or if I rotate my wrist side to side with some load. Should I stop doing any work that stress the wrists and just rest, or is some light wristwork like wristcurls and rotations recommended? I usually do some wristcurls and reversed curls twice a week, also holding a weightplate in my palm with my fingers extended and do a wristcurl, feels this has helped me with golfers elbow type of pain. If my wrist hopefully get better I plan to do the wristpushups and stretches that is described on this site for wrists to avoid future problems.  By the way, what is the difference between a reversed wristcurl and wristpushups, is it basically the same muscles that are being targeted, or what is the benefit doing wristpushups compared to reversed wristcurls or reversed bicepscurls for the forearm?

Another question. I have coach summers first book and have concentrated on static positions like the planche,L-sit,handstand and FL/BL combined with some basic FBE for over a year now, 2-3 times  a week the FSP and 2 times working the upperbody, also one day when focusing on legs and core. My question is about stretches and flexibility. If my goal is training for fun and healt and doing the planche,BL/FL,handstand and possible the human flag, how necessary is it to do stretches and more advanced flexibility for your back, like limbers and such, my goal is not really to be able to jump and be acrobatic like a real gymnast, I´m happy I can nail the basic skills described above. I usually do some neckbridges once a week, is this enough combined with some of the strectches like wallextensions and some of the other stretches that is performed on the gymansticbodies youtube channel, like the weighted shoulder flex pull and lat flys. Or is this not enough considering my goals and to avoid future injuries?