Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tendons Strengthing

Philipp Zimmermann

Philipp Zimmermann

Hi,

Has someone good expierence with supplements that helps to build strong tendons and bones?

Thanks for every answer :)

Daniel Burnham

Time and exercise are my favorite.

Seriously though building this tissue isn't terribly affected by the use of supplements. A good diet will bring benefit but may help a few days out of the two months needed for significant change. There are no shortcuts.

• Upvote 2

Philipp Zimmermann

I´m already doing work for this, maybe this would be a good support to the exercises.

But poorly my diet isn´t as good as it should be( I try to/will change this!) and I think maybe I miss a few vitamines, because of not eating enough sometimes.

I will check the bones and stuff out.

I tought about using something like vitamines, minerales supplements, would this be a good idea?. I read something about it here in the forum. I will search the link.

Keilani Gutierrez

Phil, using certain elements could help and Daniel said time and exercise. 

now, if you want to maximize your connective tissue health, after applying all the basics we've covered (frequent meals, whole foods, veggies, etc etc etc) you can make a note that if you eat substances with Vitamin C and Omega Fish oils, you'll help with that process. 

the funny thing about tendon health is that before i used to think it was about what you eat but it also has to do with how you process it and that includes sleep, so it can't really be narrowed down to one thing, it's an orchestra. (mentioning this generally, if you've taught a course, im sure your conscious about this) 

I've benefitted from exercise programming, frequent meals, drinking water and the one i need to nail is sleep and stress. 

• Upvote 1

Philipp Zimmermann

Sorry for the late answer :/

I already try to eat at a regular base and only whole foods, it´s getting better lately but I still a have a long way to go. I´m not really happy with the amount of veggies and fruit I eat daily so I think getting some vitamin supplements and Omega Fish oils would be good.

Well if sleep have a impact I knew where I should start :facepalm:

I sleep around 5-6 hours normaly, but I´m not tired and I already try to sleep ealier. This means I go to bed arround 11:30 in the week and go to sleep immediately, but it´s kinda hard to fall asleep for me. I heard that there are some good things that helps with the problem, but I don´t trust the products that much.

I would love to take a course on the subject, maybe I will grab a book about the subject.( Maybe some good recommendation)

Thanks for all the answers already!

Connor Davies
Well if sleep have a impact I knew where I should start :facepalm:

I sleep around 5-6 hours normally.....

Yeah, 7-9 hours is the recommended amount.  I try to get more than that if I'm feeling really beat up after a workout.

Philipp Zimmermann

When my holidays and I will fix my sleeping habbits and go for at least 7 hours of sleep. This will help alot i think after hearing that sleep has such an impact.

Keilani Gutierrez

what exactly are you going for Phil? general conditioning? or something more specific like finger/knuckle strength?

Philipp Zimmermann

My goal is to be able to do a planche and other gymnastic skills, so I would say general conditioning, but my problems are my shoulders and forearms and I try to fix that with rolling them out with a golfball daily and some special exercises I found on this forum. It´s already getting better, but I kinda fear that it will return when I start to do harder exercises.

I follow F1/H1 at the moment so I guess my tendons will get a great prehab.

Philipp Zimmermann
Keilani Gutierrez

i've been doing that as well and keeping up with the novel wrist movements as a warm up and even though im on PE2 for most of the wrist PE's, im fully capable of doing full lay wrist pushups(at least 2-3 quality reps)

you won't hurt yourself as long as you listen to your body, which you already are :)

just remember that as soon as any discomfort that is out of scope of "working hard" take a step back and give your forearms some love

Philipp Zimmermann

Okay I will add them to my warm up too.

And will even more listen to my body now, this should help me get rid of this :)

Thanks for your help. :)

I'm not expert on nutrition but the little evidence I have read about heavily implies that supplements should only really be used if you have a know specific deficiency for said vitamin/mineral. These compounds in isolation (taken out of the context of food in which they are normally eaten) can cause complications and lead to decreased life expectancy. Just because a little of something is good does not mean that a lot of it is even better.
Hence my advice would be to fix your diet as best as you can and if you then find you have any deficiencies (blood test would be required here) to supplement further with a food, so that you're getting the supplement in context and then if that's not possible include some artificial supplements. 

The above doesn't always apply, it varies from compound to compound but it does nearly always apply if supplements are taken in conjunction with each other and especially if one or more is a multivitamin

Connor Davies

I'm not expert on nutrition but the little evidence I have read about heavily implies that supplements should only really be used if you have a know specific deficiency for said vitamin/mineral. 

If you live in the UK, I can pretty much guarantee you should be supplementing vitamin D.  I've seen the sun once in two months....

• Upvote 4

Philipp Zimmermann

I´m living in Germany. So I get to see the sun a few more times.  :P

Maybe Vitamin D would be good in the winter months, I will try it. =)

My goal is to fix my nutrition so I won´t need any supplements, but at the moment I think that I miss some important things and supplementing would be a good help to reach my goal over time I guess.

I don´t like fish, so I can say that I miss Omega 3 and so on.

I thougt about doing a bloodtest, I guess I will make it due to the fact that I must let it test anyway.

Once again thanks for your answers! :)

Bill Köhntopp

Noch ein Deutscher im Forum, willkommen ;)

About fish oil i can say, i tested it for 6 weeks round about, did'nt noticed an effect, but i also had no problems, so hard to say if it helps. I took 3 a day of them. Many "helping" supplements are not worth to buy i heard, because the most are nearly fake products, also directly bought in the pharmacy. There are also a lot of informative films about that. Just about fish oil i heard it has good quality in Germany.

Connor Davies

......About fish oil i can say, i tested it for 6 weeks round about, did'nt noticed an effect.....

People seem to have the wrong idea about fish oil.  From what I can remember you should be taking near 20 grams of the stuff every day.  That's a little bit more than the 200mg pills they sell at your local supermarket.

People seem to have the wrong idea about fish oil.  From what I can remember you should be taking near 20 grams of the stuff every day.  That's a little bit more than the 200mg pills they sell at your local supermarket.

Robb Wolf used to remember that kind of dose, but I think he left that idea again. Not sure though.

However, problem with capsules is that is goes rancid pretty fast, and when that happens, the oils are pretty much useless.

It's supposedly much better to eat real fish instead (Jaminets + Kresser). Herring is a pretty darn cheap, fatty fish (at least in Denmark). It tastes quite fishy, so if fish is your cryptonite, well... Man up B-)

• Upvote 1

Philipp Zimmermann

Danke, hab schon gedacht wäre der einzige ;) GB ist ja noch nicht so bekannt hier... Alle anderen pilgern ja lieber zu MC Fit... :P

Heard the same, but only about products that are produced by the fitness companies. Does the same count for vitamin and mineral supplements? ^^

I got 300mg Omega3 pills and gonna take 2 everyday and its also has Omega6 and Omega9. 

I will test it for 30 days and see if somethings changes.

This is my goal to reach the point where I will get everything from real food and I already try to eat some fish, but at the moment I only eat fishsticks and I guess this thing doesnt count as real fish. :P ...

Danke, hab schon gedacht wäre der einzige ;) GB ist ja noch nicht so bekannt hier... Alle anderen pilgern ja lieber zu MC Fit... :P

Heard the same, but only about products that are produced by the fitness companies. Does the same count for vitamin and mineral supplements? ^^

I got 300mg Omega3 pills and gonna take 2 everyday and its also has Omega6 and Omega9. 

This is my goal to reach the point where I will get everything from real food and I already try to eat some fish, but at the moment I only eat fishsticks and I guess this thing doesnt count as real fish. :P ...

Pheew! You suppose I'm hardcore at German cos I'm Danish? Well I'm not, but I think I got some of it, lol. Haven't studied German since... more than 3 years ago! :mrgreen:

But you are most definitely right - fish fingers don't count! :mrgreen

Omega 6 and 9 are usually pretty easy to get from other foods, so if you're making further fish oil purchases, don't make an effort to get some with Omega 6 and 9 ;)

Connor Davies
Omega 6 and 9 are usually pretty easy to get from other foods, so if you're making further fish oil purchases, don't make an effort to get some with Omega 6 and 9 ;)

Yeah, go for the ones with the highest EPA/DHA

Bill Köhntopp

Yes, this also counts for products from medical companies which produce for drug stores.

I took 3 pills a day, maybe still too less.

About fishsticks it's the opposite of what we are thinking, just a short time ago they showed in tv or internet, that fishsticks has nothing to do with rests out of real fish products, it is real fish and its all good with it, because its one of the most proofed foods around, just the bread coat isn't the best, but it's still better than most of the things you buy.

Yes, this also counts for products from medical companies which produce for drug stores.

I took 3 pills a day, maybe still too less.

About fishsticks it's the opposite of what we are thinking, just a short time ago they showed in tv or internet, that fishsticks has nothing to do with rests out of real fish products, it is real fish and its all good with it, because its one of the most proofed foods around, just the bread coat isn't the best, but it's still better than most of the things you buy.

AFAIK, they're made from lean, white fish, and thus won't really provide much O3's.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.