Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walt Peacock

The only reason i want the book is the same reason i'm on this fourm, to learn more about this type of strength building. It's not going to give me super powers thats obvious. This book is the easy thing to do for the people that come to the fourm and make posts like "Coach i need help" or "help with circles - Coach sommer is preferred."

Fabio Gutierrez

Plus, I imagine that with the release of the book will come the WODs, so that we'll all be able to scale/modify the WOD to our own ability by referencing information in the book. It's another tool, a "keystone" even, to support the information and questions on this site. And, from what I understand it's only Volume 1...

"Don't expect so much from a book even if an expert like C.Sommer or Pavel wrote it?"

Should we expect more from a book about gymnastics by someone who is completely ignorant of the sport? Give me a break. A book titled "Building the Gymnastic Body" or "How to actually turn your wife on when you take off your shirt because you've gotten buffer by doing exercises gymnasts use" ( or something similar) better be written by an expert on gymnastics.

"Because you won't find what you need in just one book. Your goals are constantly changing. NEVER count on a book to make you a better athlete or anything else. It could help BUT if you let a book decide instead of you. You won't go far."

Nobody said we'd find out everything we need in this one book. But if you can tell me everything I need, that's great. If your goals are constantly changing, it better be because you're actually accomplishing something. I seriously doubt everybody who is excited about the release of Coach's book is sitting there saying "This book is the only book I'll ever need for the rest of my life in order to be happy!" And nobody here is counting on the book to make them a better athlete, they are counting on themselves -their own grit and determination, with this book as an amazing tool and resource. Your level of ignorance regarding the mindset and motives of forum members is astounding.

Oh boy, I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your comments.

Coach, thanks for your work and effort in making available the resources you have. I'm five for five on recommending your rings and this site to my friends, family, and co-workers. I'm excited for your book, because I know it will help me in achieving my goals with regards to fitness, strength, flexibility, etc. Looking forward to your book(s), ring accessories, and the iron cross someday.

Mark

Guest jumpupandfly

there is no 'silver bullet' that will automatically make you better/stronger/whatever.

not that anyone is saying that, but it seems to me that some people think that once they get the book they will have everything they need to progress with their strength and coordination.

The thing is, they have everything they need now. If you want to be good, you need to settle down and put your mind to some hard work. A book and all is nice, but thats secondary behind the dedication that comes first.

Everyone looks for the magic new diet that will automatically make them thin, then whine when the diet doesn't work. You just have to accept the fact that its gonna be hard.

Anyways, dunno if all that even made sense, but yeah.

And I do fully intend on buying the book, if it ever comes out. :D

Yes, that's all the previous poster was trying to say. Not that the book won't be a great resource, but just that there's no reason to not be progressing now because you don't have it. Have you mastered the many skills and progressions already available on this site? That's the only point that was being made, that there is plenty to work on already, without the book.

Edward Smith

I think we need to all take a breath and calm down. I quote I like is 'the study of Zen is not Zen', you guys are correct that just having/reading the book does not make you a better athlete. I often fall into this trap. But we also need to note the patience of Coach Sommer. Have you ever looked at how many posts there are asking Coach Sommer when his book and DVD's will be out? There's a lot. He has been very patient with every response of his. He has stated that the book is currently at the printers, so it should be available soon. I personally am very much looking forward to a great resource.

Let's keep it civilised,

Ed

The thing I'm looking forward to most with the book is that it will have all these exercises, skills and drills, etc., in one easy place, with a nice index in the back.

Guest Garre33
The thing I'm looking forward to most with the book is that it will have all these exercises, skills and drills, etc., in one easy place, with a nice index in the back.

Yeah definitely, then I can progress evenly instead of forgetting one or two exercises that will lead to gaps in my development...Then I'll have to fix them later...

realworldpractice
Hey anyone know whether the book will be available in the UK?

Thanks

I think it can be shipped to UK but with higher shipping cost.

I've only been around for a month, and I can see that with all the videos and articles in the forums alone it will take many years to master all those skills!! I'm only training 30 mins to an hour a day but still. Even if the book came out in 2 years I still wouldn't have all the skills discussed in the forums mastered. I'm glad I found this site, nice to meet everyone BTW!