Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walt Peacock

George Launchbury

Hi suprtank,

I'm sure Coach Sommer will let us know as soon as the book is available.

Until then, we're all making the best of it with this excellent site/forum and the first-class advice that is available from Coach himself and a number of other highly informed, experienced and well qualified people.

As has been stated elsewhere on the forum ...this place is going to get really busy when the books are released, so the (pretty much) personal attention afforded to us at the moment will probably not be possible then ...so in the meantime I'd advise we all enjoy and make the most of it while it lasts.

Might I also say that a little politeness generally helps with any enquiry. This is a friendly and respectful forum, and it takes only a little effort to keep things that way. Let's not poison the well.

Best regards,

George.

Well, I feel that you all have misunderstood my tone in the original post. I am merely excited and anxious to get the book. That is all. I didn't mean to "poison the well". Sorry, I hope this doesn't blackball me...

I dont think anybody misunderstood your post...atleast not me. Trust me everybody is ready for coaches book to be released including me. Its just great that coach has this forum running and is pretty easy to get in touch with him regarding training questions.

casey

George Launchbury

Hi suprtank,

Well, I feel that you all have misunderstood my tone in the original post. I am merely excited and anxious to get the book. That is all. I didn't mean to "poison the well". Sorry, I hope this doesn't blackball me...

Taking the time to say sorry and offer an explanation for something that you didn't intend to do speaks volumes for your character. I'm glad you made the effort, especially as you might not have felt too welcome, and as such I feel you deserve an explanation of my response.

Firstly, tone is a hard thing to convey in a textual format. Especially if you are new, or not a regular poster, and people haven't gotten to know your conversational style as yet. It's quite easy to be misconstrued.

Secondly, there are already a number of posts on the forum concerning the availability of Coach's book(s) which have not produced a definite answer, mainly (as Coach Sommer has explained) because the site developers are having some problems delivering. Thus there can't really be a timescale attached to the question, and hence no logical point in asking it repeatedly. All that will happen is we get a load of empty threads clogging the place up!

Please understand that my response was not intended for you alone, and was not meant to cause offence. It happened to be attached to your post simply because it came through when I had the time to reply, and it was a good example to use in getting the point(s) across to any number of existing and future members who might benefit from the advice.

I hope you'll continue to post here, and enjoy the growing resources available to us all ...both until and after the book is released.

Best regards,

George.

The books were annunced in 2004, after Athens olympiads.

Maybe we have to wait until Bejing starts :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
George Launchbury

Hi Craig,

As you'll have noticed, there has been a lot of discussion about the books, and when they'll be released. Coach has explained that they will be available once the main site is fully functional, which is out of his hands to some extent. I think it's safe to say that the community here will be first to know when the first book is released, and you should be able to find enough information around here to keep you going in the interim.

Thanks for your patience (and that goes out to everyone), it will be worth the wait.

Regards,

George.

George Launchbury

Hi Geoffrey,

They will be available to buy through the online shop which will be part of the main site when it is completed.

Regards,

George.

• 3 weeks later...

im just wondering what exactly will be the book contain. is going to be full of detailed progressions to achieve advanced gymnastic moves? if it is im sold already!

It's a good idea to sell it over ebay (like the rings) in this period of time, isn't?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
George Launchbury
It will take 2-5 months before the books come out.

How so? Is that a general turnaround time for bringing a book to stores?

Regards,

George.

Well,

Don't expect so much from a book even if an expert like C.Sommer or Pavel wrote it. Why ? Because you won't find what you need in just one book. Your goals are constantly changing. NEVER count on a book to make you a better athlete or anything else. It could help BUT if you let a book decide instead of you. You won't go far. Let's be honest here C.Sommer book won't cure cancer. Even if it contains 50000 pages of conditioning It doesn't matter.

He trains 3-15 years boys - they have no chronic pain or a full-time job...

Look around you there are many great athletes-Do they know about that book? - NO. Did they achieved great results in their sport? -Yes. You can do the same.

Keep it simple and master the basics. Stop searching for a prefect book. And never let the market tell you what you need.

Bruce Lee said it better: "Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."

George Launchbury
Well,

Don't expect so much from a book even if an expert like C.Soomer or Pavel wrote it. Why ? Because you won't find what you need in just one book. Your goals are constantly changing. NEVER count on a book to make you a better athlete or anything else. It could help BUT if you let a book decide instead of you. You won't go far. Let's be honest here C.Sommer book won't cure cancer. Even if it contains 50000 pages of conditioning It doesn't matter.

Who on earth said it would cure cancer?

Look around you there are many great athletes-Do they know about that book? - NO. Did they achieved great results in their sport? -Yes. You can do the same.

They probably did have the luxury of training full time and access to world class coaches like Coach Sommer... It's no good working hard if you're not working smart.

Keep it simple and master the basics. Stop searching for a prefect book. And never let the market tell you what you need.

Should we let you tell us what we need (or don't need)? I'll be buying the book(s) thanks. The market is not telling me, common sense is. I want a book about gymnastic conditioning and bodyweight training ...and one will soon be available that contains all the information I feel I need (for now, at least) and is written by someone I trust, and who is renowned worldwide for his knowledge and approaches to training.

Bruce Lee said it better: "Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."

Bruce Lee learned a lot of stuff from other people, and read a lot of books. Almost none of his ideas are original, only (maybe) the way the different arts are pieced together.

Ido has read the book (someone else whose opinion I regard very highly) and was in his eyes 'amazing'. If you feel you can get by without the book, fair enough, but what are you hoping to achieve with this rather negative post??

George.

Well,

Don't expect so much from a book even if an expert like C.Soomer or Pavel wrote it. Why ? Because you won't find what you need in just one book. Your goals are constantly changing. NEVER count on a book to make you a better athlete or anything else. It could help BUT if you let a book decide instead of you. You won't go far. Let's be honest here C.Sommer book won't cure cancer. Even if it contains 50000 pages of conditioning It doesn't matter.

He trains 3-15 years boys - they have no chronic pain or a full-time job...

I agree with you,you won't find all in a book because it constantly change,the way your body evolve and nothing is finished,it just go on.

Bruce Lee said also:"Absorb what is useful,reject what is useless,and add what is specificially your own"

David Picó García

Wait! what are you talking about? this is THE BOOK. Period. the one we are waiting for, don't disappoint us. :P

If only has a selection of the exercises coach has put in this web it will worth every dollar. I'm here (in this forum) and training the way i do just for one article. So I'm not seeking the way to be Olympic, I'm just a fitness enthusiast who is searching some new (for the non gymnasts) ways of training, just because is funnier than traditional bodybuilding. And this kind of tryining for me is really new. Maybe not for gymnasts, but i didn't know how to train like a gymnast, as i dont know the way a javelin - thrower trains.

The book is just a new motivation, as every video of coach, or others i find on the internet, so please dont try to disappoint us :wink: