Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hand position for handstand

DiTi

most of gymnasts say that in a handstand hands should be placed just like on a push ups position but i have

seen some pro handbalancers on youtube and their hands are a bit turned to the side. which hand postion do u think is best for handstands. i have found that i have the most control when im doing a close grip handstand with my hands truned on the side i just can balance really easy.what hand position do u prefer when holding a handstand?

Mikael Kristiansen

It entirely depends on what you are comfortable with. When I do handstands I have my middle finger pointing straight forwards which makes it look like my hands are slightly inwards if watched from the front. This is very comfortable for me both on 2 arms and 1. When I balance on a block I have 3 fingers in front of the block, pinky on one side and thumb on the other.

Most balancers i know have their index finger pointing forwards so their hands are slightly more out. Those who do also have 2 fingers in front of the block and ring and pinky on the side.

Shoulders are most efficient at shoulder width usually, though many do wider when training it without coaching.

yuri marmerstein

I do shoulder width and middle finger forward for balance-skill work.  When I do strength work I usually go slightly wider and sometimes turn out a little.

Ultimately it's what you get used to