Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bent arm strength

Philip Chubb

Connor Davies

Are we the only forum in the world where someone can do a one arm chinup and complain about how weak they are?

I wish I was as weak as you...

Awesome! Can you tell me the step you took to get the bent lean to handstand push up at the start?

A mixture of handstand work, planche push-ups, and negatives with the proper mobility work and weak link training.

Are we the only forum in the world where someone can do a one arm chinup and complain about how weak they are?

I wish I was as weak as you...

Thank you! Haha I watch a video of Alexander Balandin every morning so I tend to feel weak.

Keilani Gutierrez

A mixture of handstand work, planche push-ups, and negatives with the proper mobility work and weak link training.

Thank you! Haha I watch a video of Alexander Balandin every morning so I tend to feel weak.

keepin things in perspective :P
  • Upvote 1

Were those OACs done from a dead hang or not? Either way, it's very nice! Can you also record a video of the partial reps of the sideways OAFL rows that you've done before? I believe those should be harder and way more impressive than OACs. I don't think there are any videos of the sideways OAFL rows, but I heard John Gill could do it.

Were those OACs done from a dead hang or not? Either way, it's very nice! Can you also record a video of the partial reps of the sideways OAFL rows that you've done before? I believe those should be harder and way more impressive than OACs. I don't think there are any videos of the sideways OAFL rows, but I heard John Gill could do it.

Yes dead hang. I do a lot of one arm hanging work lately (just got an aerial rope) so it's gotten easier. I'll give it a try. I haven't done it in a long time.

• Upvote 1

Very nice!

Can you do OAC from a 2-3 secs dead hang? I can only do this variation with an OAP grip... but with OAC, I'm not quite strong enough - I can only do it with a brief hang like the way you did it. I think it's because my biceps are weak relative to my brachialis :P Can't quite figure it out!

That climber's OACs are ridiculous though!

Very nice!

Can you do OAC from a 2-3 secs dead hang? I can only do this variation with an OAP grip... but with OAC, I'm not quite strong enough - I can only do it with a brief hang like the way you did it. I think it's because my biceps are weak relative to my brachialis :P Can't quite figure it out!

That climber's OACs are ridiculous though!

Yes I can. I work a lot of hanging. My wife and I even have an aerial rope we play on pretty often and for a while, I was getting in weekly bouldering sessions. I actually use one arm hangs as a stretch lately. I can almost do a OAP. I can get my eyebrows to the bar. So close! Awesome to hear that you can do one!

• Upvote 1