Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dip Progressions

Guest anothermartini

What is the next dip progression after XR Bulgarian Dips?

I can do 3 set of 5 reps, should I increase the number of sets or reps? Should I start using a weight belt? Possibly try doing dips in a L Sit?

What's next?

Thanks to all!

Kenneth Manning

Anothermartini - I ran into the exact same issue. I progressed to bulgarian XR dips and have since moved on to rings-turned-out dips. For me, the increase in difficulty was pretty huge, meaning I have yet to complete one full rep with the rings turned out the entire ROM.

I'm thinking that I'll try to progress by beginning with RTO-dip static-holds for 3 positions - the top, middle, and bottom. From there, once I'm able to hold each position for a certain amount of time, I'll move to RTO dip negatives. Any comments?

That does sound like a huge jump in difficulty...RTO Dips sound similiar to XR Pseudo Planche Pushups, which I'm currently struggling with, however more vertical and with full body weight..

Kenneth Manning

Yeah, today was my horizontal-pushing FBE day, and I've been doing pseudo planche pushups with my feet elevated, hands on the floor. Last week I performed 4 sets of 10 reps and thought I should move to XR PPpushups, so today I tried them out. Dear god they're hard. When trying to keeps the rings in line with my hips I couldn't stop my arms from shaking. There are going to take some work...